Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KINECTA CU MyPerks Rewards MC Approval for $35K CL

tag
Jeffster1
Valued Contributor

KINECTA CU MyPerks Rewards MC Approval for $35K CL

I was approved yesterday for a Kinecta CU MyPerks Rewards MC with a $35K CL. Kinecta pulled EX. Instant approval but just had to follow up with a call to a Loan Officer to do some over-the-phone verification. My FICO8 on EX is 709.

I joined Kinecta June 2021 with a Savings account. I am guessing that my existing relationship with Kinecta helped. Super-convenient for me as Kinecta has a full-service branch next to my primary gym.

CHAPTER 13 DC January 2021

Current lineup:

KEEPERS:

BofA Customized Cash Rewards Visa 15000

TD Bank Cash Visa 1500

TD Bank Double Up Visa 2500

USBank Visa 5000

Capital One Quicksilver MC 3000

Capital One Walmart MC 2000

NFCU Amex 3500

Kinecta MyPerks Rewards MC  $35000

ON THE CHOPPING BLOCK: 

***OLLO MC 3500

*Merrick MC 2000

*Mercury MC 3050

Upgrade Visa 4000

**Jasper MC 5000

*Closing Mercury and Merrick within next few months

**Closed Jasper a few days ago, just before Jasper announced they are discontinuing the program 

**Keeping OLLO open pending what will happen in the Ally-OLLO merger 

No AF on any card

I keep the Merrick as my AZEO card with a constant small balance of around $150. I will probably make one of my TD cards my new AZEO card.

Total utilization is 1%

My income is $190K

FICO 8 (3/1/24) EX 805 EQ 824 TU 844
FICO 9 (2/17/24) EX 821 EQ 778TU 850
I practice AZEO - NEVER above 1% utilization across all cards.

Current lineup as of 9/23
American Express Gold | American Express Blue Cash Everyday 11K | American Express Blue Cash Preferred 10K I American Express Marriott Bonvoy Bevy 5K I American Express Hilton Honors Surpass 3K I Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards Visa 20K | Kinecta MyPerks Rewards MC 35K | TD Bank Double Up Visa 4K | USBank Platinum Visa 5K | BMO Harris Cash Back MasterCard 12K | Capital One SavorOne MC 3K | Capital One Walmart MC 2K | NFCU Amex 15K | NFCU CashRewards Visa 15K I Citi Best Buy Visa 10K I Macy’s Amex 4K I Bread Financial American Express 8K l AAA Daily Advantage Visa Signature 6K I Wells Fargo BILT World Elite MC 30K I BCU Cash Rewards Visa 8K I Chevron Techron Advantage Visa 2.5K I JCPenney Mastercard $6K I UCLA Wescom CU Rewards Visa 7K I
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
SDMarik
Established Contributor

Re: KINECTA CU MyPerks Rewards Visa Approval for $35K CL

Congrats on the approval and great starting limit!

"When prosperity comes, do not use all of it"
Message 2 of 12
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Re: KINECTA CU MyPerks Rewards MC Approval for $35K CL

Congrats on the strong approval!

Message 3 of 12
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

WooHoo!! Congratulations on your Kinecta Approval!!👏🏼🍾🥂

Message 4 of 12
KingRue8500
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Kinecta CU MyPerks Rewards approval

Message 5 of 12
Janneman
Established Contributor

@Jeffster1 

Big congrat to you for such a big haul...woooohooo....can u share some datapoints? What kinda verification loan officer did over the phone? You said that it was an instant approval, so I assume no POI or any other document, right? Do you know how to join this CU, and joining is a SP or Hp? Thanku

Message 6 of 12
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Kinecta CU approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 7 of 12
Jeffster1
Valued Contributor

@Janneman wrote:

@Jeffster1 

Big congrat to you for such a big haul...woooohooo....can u share some datapoints? What kinda verification loan officer did over the phone? You said that it was an instant approval, so I assume no POI or any other document, right? Do you know how to join this CU, and joining is a SP or Hp? Thanku

Hi, @Janneman  

My pleasure.I joined Kinecta in June 2021 online by opening and funding a small savings account. I had long intended to join and going on advice given to me here 6 months into my rebuild to maybe establish a relationship with a couple of CUs, I joined. It was only a SP to join. 

I had  checked their credit card offerings but figured they were a ways off for me. I didn't really consider their secured card as, at the time, I had a 4 month old BofA secured and a 4 month old TD secured (both of which graduated a few months later). 

A few days ago, I decided to pull the trigger on the Kinecta MyPerks Rewards MC. I logged in, and much of the application was pre-filled. I added income as well as employment and housing status. 

The application itself very conveniently included the ability to upload accompanying documents. I took this as a hint, and uploaded:

- my 1040 for 2021

- a copy of my drivers license 

- a copy of a recent utility bill

I clicked SUBMIT ; it thought for a second; and a screen popped up saying "Congratulations You have qualified for the credit card below." It then gave the name of the card; the CL of 35K and the APR of 15.74%.

It said a loan officer would contact me to complete the process. I called yesterday in the morning. The very nice rep looked up my app, and confirmed I was approved but that I just needed to speak with a loan officer. She said that normally they will call approved applicants within a couple days but very kindly offered to connect me with one. I was on hold for a minute or two. The rep came back on the line...asked me to confirm my address; DOB and last 4 of my SSN. 

That was it. The rep told me the card would be arriving this week. I did not end up having to speak with a loan officer but I am guessing it was because I already provided proof of income and proof of address.  I am glad I took the hint from the application. 

I woke up this morning to my new card populating my account on the Kinecta website. 

They pulled EX for the card. My EX 8 is 709,  but I think they may pull EX 9 which is 748.

I really thought I'd get a 7-10 day message or a denial, and really didn't believe the CL until it was confirmed for me. 

Hope this helps!

American Express Gold | American Express Blue Cash Everyday 11K | American Express Blue Cash Preferred 10K I American Express Marriott Bonvoy Bevy 5K I American Express Hilton Honors Surpass 3K I Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards Visa 20K | Kinecta MyPerks Rewards MC 35K | TD Bank Double Up Visa 4K | USBank Platinum Visa 5K | BMO Harris Cash Back MasterCard 12K | Capital One SavorOne MC 3K | Capital One Walmart MC 2K | NFCU Amex 15K | NFCU CashRewards Visa 15K I Citi Best Buy Visa 10K I Macy’s Amex 4K I Bread Financial American Express 8K l AAA Daily Advantage Visa Signature 6K I Wells Fargo BILT World Elite MC 30K I BCU Cash Rewards Visa 8K I Chevron Techron Advantage Visa 2.5K I JCPenney Mastercard $6K I UCLA Wescom CU Rewards Visa 7K I
Message 8 of 12
Jeffster1
Valued Contributor

Thank you, everyone. This was totally unexpected for me. In fact, I went into it a little pessimistically.

Thanks for the congrats. 

Message 9 of 12
GatorGuy
Valued Contributor

Great approval and amazing credit limit!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.