cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MINI APP SPREE! WHEW!!! NOW BACK TO THE GARDEN...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

MINI APP SPREE! WHEW!!! NOW BACK TO THE GARDEN...

OK, so I finally decided to do a mini app spree today and this lasted longer than I expected and took me seedling-transparent.pngfarther than I wanted to go!Smiley Surprised

Since I'm still in the rebuidling phase, I thought I'd take a peek out of the garden and do a mini app spree. I was initially waiting for my scores to hit the 700's and above to get more PRIME lenders, but with the sloooow CLI of $100-$200 i've been getting from my only 2 Cap1 cards, I figured it would take me a loooong time to get there. So I started with Barclay's becuase TU is my highest score 688, I hit the love button and was approved for the Barclay's reward card for $1.5K called recon and got bumped to $3K!!!! YEAH BUDDY!!! Then I remember reading a thread that said you might as well go for two and get one HP....So I applied for the Barclay's Apple reward card and BOOM $2K is was!!

I got really pumped up and decided to apply for the Discover IT and was approved for $1.2K , not what I was expecting but hey, I accpeted the offer because I know I can grow it pretty quickly and Discover is not that good with recon right after approval, they usually like you to wait 90 days and thereafter it's 31 days..SO I'll wait..... Next I thought...Let's try for some store cards too just to give my credit profile a bit of a variety...I apped for Bloomingdales and received a low approval of $300, called recon and got bumped to $3K instantly!!!! I apped for TJMaxx (because I shopped there for workout clothes and other misc items), got approved for $250, called recon and got bumped to $3K again!!!!!

Well...then I started getting more 7-10 messages with other cards like Overstock and Nordstroms...so, I figured it's time to stop and go back to the garden because I am not ready to see all of the HP's on my CR as I check it every 30 days...But hey, I'm glad I swallowed my fear and took a chance...Now it's back to the garden for the rest of the year! Oh!! one last thing, the Hubby added me to his $6K Chase Freedom card they he just received after gardedning for the last year and it's his 1st prime cc! So that's nice! Plus it will add some texture to my profile!Smiley HappySmiley Happy Now if I can figure out how to add this info to my signature line...Smiley Indifferent

Toodles!!!

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: MINI APP SPREE! WHEW!!! NOW BACK TO THE GARDEN...

Good for you!

Now you have a ton of credit line to manage.

What was your CS when your started your epic sppree?

@Anonymous wrote:

OK, so I finally decided to do a mini app spree today and this lasted longer than I expected and took me seedling-transparent.pngfarther than I wanted to go!Smiley Surprised

Since I'm still in the rebuidling phase, I thought I'd take a peek out of the garden and do a mini app spree. I was initially waiting for my scores to hit the 700's and above to get more PRIME lenders, but with the sloooow CLI of $100-$200 i've been getting from my only 2 Cap1 cards, I figured it would take me a loooong time to get there. So I started with Barclay's becuase TU is my highest score 688, I hit the love button and was approved for the Barclay's reward card for $1.5K called recon and got bumped to $3K!!!! YEAH BUDDY!!! Then I remember reading a thread that said you might as well go for two and get one HP....So I applied for the Barclay's Apple reward card and BOOM $2K is was!!

I got really pumped up and decided to apply for the Discover IT and was approved for $1.2K , not what I was expecting but hey, I accpeted the offer because I know I can grow it pretty quickly and Discover is not that good with recon right after approval, they usually like you to wait 90 days and thereafter it's 31 days..SO I'll wait..... Next I thought...Let's try for some store cards too just to give my credit profile a bit of a variety...I apped for Bloomingdales and received a low approval of $300, called recon and got bumoed to $3K instantly!!!! I apped for TJMaxx (because I shopped there for workout clothes and other misc items), got approved for $250, called recon and got bumped to $3K again!!!!!

Well...then I started getting more 7-10 messages with other cards like Overstock and Nordstroms...so, I figured it's time to stop and go back to the garden because I am not ready to see all of the HP's on my CR as I check it every 30 days...But hey, I'm glad I swallowed my fear and took a chance...Now it's back to the garden for the rest of the year! Oh!! one last thing, the Hubby added me to his $6K Chase Freedom card they he just received after gardedning for the last year and it's his 1st prime cc! So that's nice! Plus it will add some texture to my profile!Smiley HappySmiley Happy

To

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! It took me a while to get the nerve up to do it!

My CS were: EQ 636 EX 627 TU 688

Message 3 of 13
fullstackdev
Frequent Contributor

Nice run! Congrats on your approvals.
Mar 2017: EQ 733 80 INQ | TU 768 42 INQ | EX 755 80 INQ || AMEX PRG | AMEX BGR | USAA Rewards VS $17K | USAA NAMF AMEX $15K | SECU Visa $10K | Cap1 V1 (AU) $45.75K | AMEX BCE (AU) $10K | Marvel MC $25K | Walmart MC $10K | Freedom $12.2K | USAA Cash Rewards VS $18K | Walmart SC $25K | PENFED CR $9K | AMEX EDP $24K | Banana Republic SC $10K | MECU $10K | Amazon SC $25K | Barclays Apple Rewards $10K | J. Crew $13.6K | Cap1 PlayStation $3K | Cap1 QS1 $2.6K | Business: AMEX Green NPSL | AMEX SimplyCash $2K | AMEX Blue for Business $3K | Cap1 Spark Visa $7.5K | Amazon Rev. $2.5K | Amazon PIF (No PG) $1K | Walmart (No PG) $2.5K | Chase Marriott Business $30K | Chase Ink $14K
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks fullstackdev!

I'll be gardening and only and growing the Barclays and CAp1s with auto luv and CLI from here to next year! By the way, your siggy line is IMPRESSIVE!!!Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice, congrats on your success !!

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Mia25!!!Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 13
ddemari
Super Contributor

congrats on your approvals! enjoy your sucess!

Message 8 of 13
silkysean
Regular Contributor

Way too go congrats !

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much!!!!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.