Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's AGAIN!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Macy's AGAIN!!!

So after my recent string of luck getting in with Chase (United and Ritz) and then Discover; I decided to press my luck before I depart for my stay in the gardening department!

I had an old Macy's charge off from back in the day when I was younger and stupid but I never paid  them back was always nervous about calling. I have since rebuilt and educated myself about things which had lead me to believe Macys would never let me back in. But on a whim I was like Im going to try! Logged into my Macys profile plugged in all my info...hit the submit button and quickly closed the window and walked away! Came back a few minutes later expecting the decline but low and behold "You've Been Approved"! Had to pinch myself! They gave me a tiny $500 limit but hey thats a start! I had to call in so they could change my address to my PO Box when they send my card....I was half expecting the lady in the credit department to say something along the lines of "we made a mistake and cannot approve you at this time!" But all went well! Now just to sit tight and wait for the card! 

Never thought I'd be back with Macy's but here I am! 

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Macy's AGAIN!!!

OOPS wrong section!! Should be in the approvals section! Can someone move for me....thanks! 

Message 2 of 16
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 16
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats on Macys. Macys always hated me dispite the fact i always had perfect credit with them.  I too am afraid to call into CS fearing Id get the very same message

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow!! That's awesome!!! Also good to know.  I had a Macy's card that was charged off 15 years ago.  I would like to get one in the future - I am gardening until April 2016.

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone! Still kinda shocked seeing as I was told that Macy's has the memory of an elephant but I guess the decieded to forgive! Now if only AMEX would forgive me but that is a NO GO everytime I try. Happy to have the perks of the Macy's card again! 

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So after my recent string of luck getting in with Chase (United and Ritz) and then Discover; I decided to press my luck before I depart for my stay in the gardening department!

I had an old Macy's charge off from back in the day when I was younger and stupid but I never paid  them back was always nervous about calling. I have since rebuilt and educated myself about things which had lead me to believe Macys would never let me back in. But on a whim I was like Im going to try! Logged into my Macys profile plugged in all my info...hit the submit button and quickly closed the window and walked away! Came back a few minutes later expecting the decline but low and behold "You've Been Approved"! Had to pinch myself! They gave me a tiny $500 limit but hey thats a start! I had to call in so they could change my address to my PO Box when they send my card....I was half expecting the lady in the credit department to say something along the lines of "we made a mistake and cannot approve you at this time!" But all went well! Now just to sit tight and wait for the card! 

Never thought I'd be back with Macy's but here I am! 

That's GREAT!

I got mine recently and had to call in on a "Wait" message. Upon recon they just needed some info verification and while I was there I said :Hmmm, That's not a lot of credit to work with. Are you the one's I need to talk to about a limit increase?" After a little back and forth is was raised to $2K in just a few minutes.

You should call the number again a seek a CLI!!!

Message 7 of 16
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!!!!

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone.

We will see about a CLI after I get the card in hand. Still a bit shocked that I've gotten in after my charge off with them.
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.