Did you mean: 

Macy's Blacklist - UPDATE!

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Macy's Blacklist - UPDATE!

@mmmagique wrote:

What is the Macy's monthly trick? 

Its when you go into your bathroom, close the door , turn off the lights and say Bloody Macys, Bloody Macys Bloody Macys 3 times ! Turn on light , exit bathroom, turn on phone/lt/computer enter myFico.com/forums and watch as your credit limit increase 10 fold just by chanting that mantra!

😁

Jk, Macys trick is by getting a Macys card and asking for a cli every 31 days to try and go from $300 to $25k in under a year. The treat is if it worksSmiley Wink

Message 21 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats 

Message 22 of 41
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Macy's Blacklist

@Whitneyy wrote:

Okay, the fraud department called me and asked all these verification questions and approved me for a whopping $200. 

The same amount from when I was 18. LOL. 

Is there a thread on how to do the Macy's trick?

I'm curious. I don't care for the 25k I'll happily take around 10k.

Thank you guys again! 

Congratulations on your Macy's approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 23 of 41
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: Macy's Blacklist

I'm glad it worked out! Congrats on your approval!!! Watch it grow like a weed!! 👍🏻 

Message 24 of 41
BearsCubsOtters
Frequent Contributor

If my math is correct, you were 18 around 2004. 

Back in 2004, Macy's/Bloomingdale's cards were issued by their own credit division known as FACS (Federated Administrative and Credit Services Group). 

In 2005 and finalizing in 2006, Federated Department Stores (Macy's/Bloomingdale's) merged with the May Company (Lord & Taylor, Famous-Barr, Filene's, Foley's, Hecht's, Kaufmann's, LS Ayres, Meier & Frank, Strawbridge's, Robinsons-May, The Jones Store, and Marshall Fields). All the old May Company stores were changed to Macy's while Lord & Taylor and David's Bridal were sold off. The new company was and is known now as Macy's Inc. As part of the merger, the FACS and May Company credit portfolio was sold off to Citibank-with a twist. Citibank created a new subsidiary called Department Stores National Bank (DNSB) with a lot of the former FACS people and policies left in place.  So think of it as FACS servicing the cards still with Citibank's financial backing/owning of the recievables. Very similar to what Nordstrom did with TD. 

Anyway, the point of all this dribble...I wonder if there truly is a Macy's blacklist or if your account having been charged off with FACS over DNSB had anything to do it it. Or the 14 years in between. My guess is the latter.

Congrats on your approval! 

Message 25 of 41
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Next week is my big day! My balance isn't due yet but I'm thinking to pay it off anyway!

giphy.gif

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 26 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

How did it turn out??

@Whitneyy wrote:

Next week is my big day! My balance isn't due yet but I'm thinking to pay it off anyway!

giphy.gif

How did it turn out??

Message 27 of 41
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: How did it turn out??

@Anonymous wrote:

@Whitneyy wrote:

giphy.gif

How did it turn out??

So I hit the button and it gave me the number to contact customer service.

Why???

Any pointers? 

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 28 of 41
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Whitneyy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Whitneyy wrote:

giphy.gif

How did it turn out??

Why???

Any pointers? 

Customer Service would be the only department to let you know why that prompt generated.  Rather than go through possible speculations, I'd call them to find out.  Since the request didn't go through, they may have some questions? 🤷‍♂️

Message 29 of 41
coreyb80
Super Contributor

@Whitneyy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Whitneyy wrote:

giphy.gif

How did it turn out??

Why???

Any pointers? 

It was random for me for a while.  I would get that message call in and get approved/denied for a CLI.  Now I'm back to the using the website for CLIs.  

Message 30 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.