Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merrill+ CLI

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Merrill+ CLI

Was at 25k... Asked for 35k and was given it..  Hate when I feel like I left money on the table.  Was an Exp HP BTW.  720 Experian(Btw still old lates and paid CO's 6+ years old on report just for a DP).  Not sure if I want another card with the same HP as the new travel card should be coming out this month, but my AAoA can't handle all this so I will probably be content with the CLI.  Will be tempting knowing can use same HP for 30 days for multiple things though!  For some reason I just like the card even though rewards are meh.  See if I can have enough spend bonuses (obviously not on this card) to get me to X-MAS when hopefully some other offers will be out there.  Never said I could garden, it is a lost cause for me as can be seen.

Screen Shot 2017-09-06 at 6.50.45 PM.png

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Merrill+ CLI

Very nice CC! Yup its one cool card! I agree, no need for me to even try and fool myself in saying I'm gardening..it just ain't happening! lol

Message 2 of 21
peghede
Valued Contributor

Congrats  on cli m8,that's huge, sad about the money u left on the table...

Message 3 of 21
mattmyFIC0
Established Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Was at 25k... Asked for 35k and was given it..  Hate when I feel like I left money on the table.  Was an Exp HP BTW.  720 Experian(Btw still old lates and paid CO's 6+ years old on report just for a DP).  Not sure if I want another card with the same HP as the new travel card should be coming out this month, but my AAoA can't handle all this so I will probably be content with the CLI.  Will be tempting knowing can use same HP for 30 days for multiple things though!  For some reason I just like the card even though rewards are meh.  See if I can have enough spend bonuses (obviously not on this card) to get me to X-MAS when hopefully some other offers will be out there.  Never said I could garden, it is a lost cause for me as can be seen.

I've never heard of them pulling EX for a CLI. It's always been TU for CLI and EX for new cards. Im in CA

Scores 01/04/2017: EQ 719, TU 750, EX 716
Goal scores: 740 across the board
Message 4 of 21
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@mattmyFIC0 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

I've never heard of them pulling EX for a CLI. It's always been TU for CLI and EX for new cards. Im in CA

It can happen.  Just have to ask in a round about way.

Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats CC.  I need to hit them up for one on mine.  At $21,600 now but do have another $25K on my two AA cards.  Wonder if they'd give me more on my the Merrill+ card.  Might have to hit that CLI button tomorrow though  I hope that they use EX for me.  Too many on there now and only 2 on my TU (both from BoA)

Message 6 of 21
Viva-LV
Frequent Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@mattmyFIC0 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

It can happen.  Just have to ask is a round about way.

They've pulled EX the last three times for me (2 cc, 1 auto loan).  Love my Merrill (my highest cli), but I agree about feeling like there's more $ available.  Still, great limit!

Am Ex | BOA | Chase | Citi | Disc | PenFed | USB | 400K Club
Message 7 of 21
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Very nice CC!! Thats super awesome, congrats to youSmiley Happy
Message 8 of 21
peghede
Valued Contributor

I don't have this card so i cannot get the money he left on the table.

Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Followed your lead CC.  Asked for $40K and got countered with $34,600 for a CLI of $13K. .  Haven't been with BoA for too long but love them so far. Now I need to decide if I should use the HP to ask for a CLI on one of the 2 AA cards I have with them.

'Edit to add that it was a HP on TU.  Thankfully

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.