Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple approvals-what to do now?

tag
sjt
Senior Contributor

Re: Multiple approvals-what to do now?

Garden!

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 11 of 16
stephenskd
New Contributor

congrats

Message 12 of 16
MrPSS
Regular Contributor

I agree with the others, time to garden! Curious what your Fico scores are getting that $10K SL with Discover? Congrats!!

Current: Gardening...

FICO 8: EX:TU:EQ:

As of Aug 2020. Total CL: $46,600; Goal: $50,000
Message 13 of 16
wingennis
Valued Contributor

@MrPSS wrote:

I agree with the others, time to garden! Curious what your Fico scores are getting that $10K SL with Discover? Congrats!!

Discover is quite ridiculous with starting limits.  I didn't have a score over 650 when they gave me 9k.  Now I'm much higher and no CLI for meSmiley Sad

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know it’s crazy! My FICO score is only 642. I’m super grateful and done for now. I had excellent credit until my identity was stolen at 21. It has taken a long time between that and some other bumps along the rd. The same year I authorized a family member to make a purchase on my Bank of America card and she never repaid the 2500. Then a phone company ran 3 unauthorized payments, putting my bank acct in the negative and closing it. I couldn’t get a break for the longest time. I got depressed and just let my credit go. But I’ve been rebuilding since the beginning of this year, when I found out my credit would be needed for a house loan, and managed to get my score up 100 points.
Message 15 of 16
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
So I just closed on my house Monday and wanted to see about approval for furniture. I’m convinced synchrony hates me, was declined. I’m thinking of waiting 1 yr before trying with them again for anything. Comenity though approved me for 1500 on Wayfair and 500 Avenue before declining Pottery Barn. I didn’t see any pop up approvals in the shopping cart for Children’s Place or VS so I consider comenity done. I found a prequal site for Discover. Y’all they approved me for 10,000. Target approved for 300. Now, I definitely don’t intend on using up all of these, my intent is to open up some lines with brands/companies I actually frequent before my score dips with the new mortgage. I want to keep all my utilization low (0% with cards I have before these new ones got added). Do you think I am at a stopping place to garden or is there one more card you would recommend for building credit?

Yes you're at a stopping place.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.