cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NC SECU Visa Approved! 5k LIMIT at 7.49 percent!

tag
designated_knitter
Established Contributor

NC SECU Visa Approved! 5k LIMIT at 7.49 percent!

NC SECU has been my local and primary CU for close to a decade.  

I was able to get an unsecured debt consolidation 4 years ago which I'm paying off this month.

I'm planning to go into the garden and hibernate for the next year to prepare for a mortgage so have been on a bit of an app binge to try to maximize my credit in the meantime.

I applied in 2019 and was promptly told "no" when my scores were sub 600.  Since they pull EQ which only had 2 inquiries, I figured I would give it a shot.  

Asked for 5K but figured they would counter with lower amount or outright deny me since I do have baddies from 2016.  Shocked to log in and see "Congratulations!"  I was shocked because SECU is very conservative... definitely not like Navy!

Not a fancy card but the interest rate makes it perfect for balance transfers or if I need to finance something.and carry a balance.

Just a few months ago, I couldn't conceive of a credit limit more than 2209... now I have 3 cards with limits of 4K ore more!  So sweet to move beyond toy limit cards and sub-prime cards that never grow!

Started Over Again after Cap1 Death Penalty:
06/15/2019:
03/02/2021:
04/06/2021:
05/28/2021:
Lesson Learned: DON'T POKE THE BEAR!!! THE BEAR WILL WIN!!!
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NC SECU Visa Approved! 5k LIMIT at 7.49 percent!

Wow awesome SL and APR. Like incredible really. Congrats 🎉 Also congrats on your credit journey! Keep up the great work 👍

Message 2 of 15
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

👍 Awesome rate!

Great job on your debt pay-off...

...Congratulations on your new SECU Visa!

Message 3 of 15
Heatt99
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations on your approval. Thanks for the DPs, not much info on NC SECU.

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Always nice when a relationship is rewarded. Congrats!

Message 5 of 15
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 6 of 15
fatcomic
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the approval and terms, those are great!   There is a post in the cards forum about big banks vs credit unions, this is what a good relationship with a credit union can do. True the card isn't a shiny piece of metal that gives you 100,000 points but it's a practical card that will help build your credit score. That is why credit unions can be your best friend.  

Message 7 of 15
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Congratulations! That APR is golden.

You say you can't imagine a limit higher than $2209? What weird bank is that card from lol

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 8 of 15
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the new card @designated_knitter, and way to keep looking forward! Good things happen to good people. Just hang in there, keep doing what you're doing and you'll find doors opening up just because you're nearby Smiley Tongue

Message 9 of 15
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Nice SL, grats on your approval Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.