Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU 2nd CC and CLI

tag
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: NFCU 2nd CC and CLI

Congratulations on your NFCU Go Rewards approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 11 of 56
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

As long as they don't close out my 1st card i guess in total my limit is $13k. If I wait the 91/3 I'm assuming they would increase the limit? 

If the account is in good standing, then you'll be okay. As long as you put usage on the card once every 6 months should be a safe way to avoid closure for non activity. Plus the Platinum is a great card for those BT promos.

You can also request APR reduction on the anniversary date if you haven't done so.

Yes, at your next 91/3 from 2nd card. You can try to apply for the 3rd card.

Message 12 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm new to the forum. What are BT promos?

Message 13 of 56
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm new to the forum. What are BT promos?

Beginning of the year, Navy does Balance Transfer promotions on their current cards. Do you get their marketing emails?

Message 14 of 56
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Message 15 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

No they don't send me promotional emails. I'll have to check the settings. Man, i guess i need to look at the benefits of my now 2 cards. I hope the go rewards is a good card. 

Message 16 of 56
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Welcome To myFICO Forums and

Message 17 of 56
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

No they don't send me promotional emails. I'll have to check the settings. Man, i guess i need to look at the benefits of my now 2 cards. I hope the go rewards is a good card. 

@Anonymous, Not a bad card, keep in mind ... you can product change it to the Cash Rewards or More Rewards,

by calling Navy Federal, if you find that either those might work better for you.

Just remember that the More Rewards runs on the American Express network.

Message 18 of 56
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If you sign into your account once in a while, check out the offers tab. Navy will display what they are offering.

All their cards are great. It all depends on your spend.

Message 19 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 I can do this at any time? 

Message 20 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.