cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU AND HILTON AMEX SURPASS

Highlighted
Valued Member

NFCU AND HILTON AMEX SURPASS

A couple of days ago I posted an approval for the NFCU GO REWARDS card approved SL 20,000.00 I was in shocked. By the end of the night that day I had a feeling and always wanted to have my first AMEX card. I was denied back in april for the BCE. Fasten my seat belt that night and went through the prequalify the Hilton honors came up so I decided to go for the Hilton SURPASS. Boom I was approved for SL 1000 is not much but hey I got my foot in not only that I was lucky enough to get the highest bonus points ever offered 150,000 with the surpass by spending $3000 in the first 3 months. I contacted AMEX through the chat app and ask the lady if it was possible for just a little more of credit to be able to accomplish the spending goal and she said she could refer that to her superiors. I wanted just to play it safe and decided not to do that. I didnt't wanted to get involve into a financial review with my foot inside Amex when I had just gotten approved NFCU WITH 20k. So i guess I'll figured out and run all my expenses through my hilton honors if possible to get the bonus points and make multiple payments. Just wanted to share my story, now gardening for the next 6 months till next year. FYI AMEX RAN MY EXP it was at 666.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted

Re: NFCU AND HILTON AMEX SURPASS

Grats to the new card Smiley Happy

"If there's a lack of money in your life, understand that feeling worried, envious, jealous, disappointed, discouraged, doubtful or fearful about money can never bring more money to you, because those feelings come from a lack of gratitude for the money you have."

"Reactions are powerful creators because they contain every element needed to manifest—they're a combination of thought, belief, and feeling in action. Positive reactions create more positive things, and negative reactions create more negative things. If you can respond to negative situations calmly and lightly, instead of with emotional turbulence, what happens next in your life will be so much better."

- Rhonda Byrne

Message 2 of 13
Highlighted
Mega Contributor

"It's true hard work never killed anybody, but I figure, why take the chance?"
Message 3 of 13
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 4 of 13
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

BOOM! Congrats on both approvals!

RECORD HOLDER
& KEEPER OF
THE GOLDEN SWORD!

golden_sword.png

EQ FICO RESILIENCE INDEX
06-29-2020

Dogbert

04-03-2020

Message 5 of 13
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Double congrats !

3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>06/2020 CCT EX 835 TU 848 EQ 844

I'd get it one piece at a time
And it wouldn't cost me a dime
You'll know it's me when I come through your town
I'm gonna ride around in style
I'm gonna drive everybody wild
'Cause I'll have the only one there is around.

- Johnny Cash One Piece At A Time
Message 6 of 13
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your Amex Hilton Honors Surpass approval!

Current FICO 8:

Credit Age (TU):

Inquiries:

Message 7 of 13
Highlighted
Established Contributor

@Credit305  Super Congrats on your Amex Surpass approval!!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 13
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!!!

Message 9 of 13
Highlighted
Contributor

Congratulations. Just 4 more points on your score, and I'm sure Amex would have provided a larger limit.

Amex will grow with spend and large payments. They gauge your power in that sense somewhat, so don't cheat your card.

NFCU is the best. I think you have another 91/3 available ie 3rd card slot.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.