cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Cash CLI ...... APPROVED!!

805orbust
Valued Contributor

NFCU Cash CLI ...... APPROVED!!

So rolling right along with my CLI obsession of the last few weeks, I pushed the button on my Cash Rewards card. It's been at $9,000 for about 5 years. I've got about $400 of autopay bills on it every month and pay in full before statement date.

It asked for my requested amount, I entered $20,000 and it gave me the "these requests require 24 hours" message. THEN I got an alert from CK via email that said an inquiry was blocked from TU... weird.  Open my email this morning (i sent the request last night because @M_Smart007  said we never apply on Friday 😆) and it said approved for $17,000 which ironically was what I wanted. So that ends the NFCU Cash rewards journey as I'm not looking to push the limits with anyone. 😆

So my aggregate has received a $24,000 boost in the last few weeks. TU and EX are about 18 points higher than a week ago. The only large change (other than aggregate util going down, but not below 10% yet) is paying my daughter's van down below 75%, think I'll pull an annualcreditreport.com to get a more detailed look at what's going on in real time.

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU Cash CLI ...... APPROVED!!

CONGRATS ON YOUR NAVY CLI.

NAVY IS THE BESTNAVY IS THE BEST

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 2 of 20
Stealth-1
Established Contributor

@805orbust - Congrats on the CLI...and with the amount you wanted. 💉 💪 🥃

"If you don't stand for something, you might fall for anything."
Message 3 of 20
PullingMeSoftly
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the Navy boost, the sweet 8k special!

Message 4 of 20
mortimerwereback
Regular Contributor

Heck yea! Congrats on your CLI!

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." -Robert F. Kennedy

Message 5 of 20
805orbust
Valued Contributor

Oh wow, I forgot about the $8k special... coolness.  Yeah, I'm happy with those guys.  Ironically I got a letter in the mail from them (I had requested an increase from them a coupla weeks ago) and they said no approval because they couldn't pull TU.  I had it unfrozen (0/12 inq's) for a recon with USBank so I figured what the heck.  Got the approval so I don't know whats going on, but I'll take it  Smiley LOL

@SUPERSQUID  I am DYING at the sailor pics!!!  And dude... the spinning skull and crossbones is my absolute favorite profile image!!

Message 6 of 20
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your NFCU Cash CLI 🤑👍

Message 7 of 20
mortimerwereback
Regular Contributor

@805orbust wrote:

Oh wow, I forgot about the $8k special... coolness.  Yeah, I'm happy with those guys.  Ironically I got a letter in the mail from them (I had requested an increase from them a coupla weeks ago) and they said no approval because they couldn't pull TU.  I had it unfrozen (0/12 inq's) for a recon with USBank so I figured what the heck.  Got the approval so I don't know whats going on, but I'll take it  Smiley LOL

@SUPERSQUID  I am DYING at the sailor pics!!!  And dude... the spinning skull and crossbones is my absolute favorite profile image!!

That is odd that they couldn't pull your TU. Esp since you had it unfrozen at the time. But at least it turned out well! Smiley Wink

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." -Robert F. Kennedy

Message 8 of 20
pip3man
Valued Contributor

I'm surprised no one has asked the obvious question. So NFCU is now pulling credit for CLI done online? All good things come to an end indeed, glad I got my increase last week. Congrats on your CLI

Message 9 of 20
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@805orbust wrote:

(i sent the request last night because @M_Smart007  said we never apply on Friday 😆)

@805orbust, Congrats on you Navy Heart 🥂🎉

oh, and Happy FridaySmiley Happy

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.