Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CashRewards Approved! (4/3/2020)

tag
MrZero
Regular Contributor

NFCU CashRewards Approved! (4/3/2020)

So I was going to wait until my secured Discover (hopefully) graduated in July/August to apply for a new card with 0% Intro APR for 12+ months and preferably with a cash back bonus, for a planned new PC build that'd I was considering for the Fall. Was leaning towards AMEX Blue Cash Everyday since at least currently it's exceeding that on the Intro APR length and CB bonus would be easy to reach plus I'm already PQ'd. However I started to change my mind and leaning towards waiting another year and since I recently joined NFCU I figure I'd be better off taking that time to build up my credit more. I knew I was going to go with the CashRewards card first (I already have a plan/place for it unless the rumor of their upgrading the rewards turns out to be true) and then after 3/91 get that second card which I'm leaning towards being the MoreRewards and a CLI request on the CR and that would be it for at least a year.

So with that in mind and still nervous about blindly applying, I called NFCU Friday evening to see what I was prequalified for, the CSR told me I was prequal'd for all of their cards I thanked him and hung up, perhaps I should've just done it on the phone because after I got off with him and applied only I was met with an error stating "We're unable to process your request at this time" and less than a minute after that came up I got notifications that my TU file had been accessed so the hard pull went through but I didn't know if I was approved or declined. Flashbacks of last week's disappointing SSL terms started running through my head, I heart started pounding, thoughts of it being further proof that NFCU doesn't love me started playing. Panic was setting in, I grabbed a paper sack to breathe into and my phone as my chest tightened to call them back.

After waiting a couple minutes that felt like days I got someone, told them about the error I recieved and asked about the status of my application. With a rush of relief the woman on the other end told me I had been approved with a $1,000 starting limit with 14.49% APR. Whew!

I might've embellished that a bit but that did make me pretty nervous. I expected $500 which would still be my highest limit of my own cards but at $1,000 that's more than twice my secured Discover and CapOne Platinum (secured, bleh) put together since I only did the minimums, never mind the APR that's 10-12% lower, not that it matters since I'm not carrying over balances. I'm pretty happy about it.

Updated 8/12/22.

Total Inquiries: EX: 1|TU: 1|EQ: 1
Derogs: 0
AAoA: 2Y1M
AoOA: 2Y6M.
AoYA: 1Y1M.
Total CL: 57,600
Utilization: ~1%

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: NFCU CashRewards Approved! (4/3/2020)

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 2 of 20
Mv350
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval!!!!

Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval.

Message 5 of 20
EverForward
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your new card!

Message 6 of 20
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

Congrats! 

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 7 of 20
newfossil
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

Starting score - May 2018

April 2021

AAoA - 1 year 6 months
Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval! 👍

Message 9 of 20
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

NOICESmiley Happy

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.