Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU FLAGSHIP approval

tag
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

NFCU FLAGSHIP approval

Well DH got his third Navy cardSmiley Happy Now I got my third card back in October, he was declined for the Platinum. I thought I would try the Flagship and BAMN instant approval.

DP:

FICO scores 735ish

3% until

only negative a few late mortgage payments 1/2 years ago

Pulled TU

Congratulations - You're Approved!
You have been approved for a Visa Signature® Flagship Rewards card from Navy Federal. Your credit line will be $15,000.
$15,000Credit Limit
17.49% variable APR,  $49 Annual Fee
EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU FLAGSHIP approval

Congratulations! Enjoy your new card and SL!! I've been debating on which one I will go for at  91/3.  How long have you been with Navy? Any other DP's you care to share?  Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 29
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations! Enjoy your new card and SL!! I've been debating on which one I will go for at  91/3.  How long have you been with Navy? Any other DP's you care to share?  Smiley Happy

Thanks we have been with Navy since 4/2018, we got our second cards at 91/3 in July, we both went for the Platinum in October I got it, he was declined.  I just had a hunch and we applied for the flagship for him, and the hunch paid off. Now we both have 3 cards.

I think in January I "may" combine 2 of my cards and just have 2 cards with them. I am trying to downsize my portfolio come the first of the new year, and also may getting rid of some store cards.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 29
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Big congrats MomSmiley Happy 15k is outstanding! If i had apped that card i would have gotten $15 Smiley Wink
Message 4 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wait - he didn’t initially get approved for another card at 91/3?
Message 5 of 29
iamdetermined
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! Nice SL Smiley Happy
**PERSISTENCE & PATIENCE** NFCU Amex $25K || NFCU GoRewards $24K || Citi $20k || Macy's $20K || Amex Cash Magnet $1.4k || CO QuickSilver $11,750 || Wells Fargo $9,500 || PayPal MC $8K || Amex ED $5,500 || USAA Pref. Cash Rewards $7.5K || Victoria’s Secret $5k || Discover IT $11.9k || Chase $12.5k || HFCU Plat. CC $2K || PenFed $500

*OVERALL CREDIT CARD LIMITS: $163,150*

NLOC $6K
US Alliance LOC $2K
Student Loans: $40k+

FICO 8 - 4/25/17: EQ 648 - EX 654 - TU 632
FICO 8 - 8/27/18: EQ 684 - EX 696 - TU 713
FICO8 1/14/22: EX 713 - EQ 703 -TU 723
FICO 8 4/7/23: EX 713 - EQ 715 -TU 729
FICO 8 4/30/23: EX 733
Message 6 of 29
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
Wait - he didn’t initially get approved for another card at 91/3?

He got approved for second card (amex) at 91/3 days, then in October which was 91/3 from second approval or 6 months from initial approval he was denied for Plat, I was approved.

So I took a shot for the Flagship , I got lucky I suppose.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 7 of 29
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Congrats mom!! You and the oldman both earn the " Never scared award" !! Smiley Happy

Took me 3 years to get three cards with them. Ya'll slayed them in less than a year! Awesome!!!

Could ya'll use another son? I'll mow the lawn. lol

Message 8 of 29
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Gmood1 wrote:

Congrat mom!! You and the oldman both earn the " Never scared award" !! Smiley Happy

Took me 3 years to get three cards with them. Ya'll slayed them in less than a year! 

Awww thank you, Oldman is some good company to be with 😊 Sure I can always take in one more😉

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 9 of 29
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats enjoy the card with DH.. Currently working on the spend bonus unfortunately i did my holiday shopping prior to getting the card a few weeks back but still working on the spend bonus and ignorig my others cards.. So far alittle over 2k met and about 1800 left for a free 500.. I should be able to do it although dont have any real big bills coming although a small trip back to see family in january which will help out alittle might have to pre-pay some utils as I certainly wont be giving up $500 Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.