Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Instant $10,000 Approval!

tag
civilitermortuse
Valued Member

NFCU Instant $10,000 Approval!

So I finally get my father to go to the branch with me since he is retired from the army. 

We sit  down and I get the regular approval.  Give them my $5.00 Savings deposit and the young lady says. "Look's like you are pre-approved for a Cash Rewards Visa, would you like to apply".  Me being me I said, why not.  Sure, I didn't know any of my scores, util or anything and I asked her, "If I am not approved, can I re-apply"  Se came back... You won't have to, you have been approved for a "$10,000" credit limit.  I almost kissed her.

This is the highest limit ever.  They pulled EQ and TU i am in GA.

Thanks MYFICO - will update on the scores when I pull them!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU Instant 10k!!!

@civilitermortuse wrote:

So I finally get my father to go to the branch with me since he is retired from the army. 

We sit  down and I get the regular approval.  Give them my $5.00 Savings deposit and the young lady says. "Look's like you are pre-approved for a Cash Rewards Visa, would you like to apply".  Me being me I said, why not.  Sure, I didn't know any of my scores, util or anything and I asked her, "If I am not approved, can I re-apply"  Se came back... You won't have to, you have been approved for a "$10,000" credit limit.  I almost kissed her.

CONGRATS!!! what are your other cards? 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 2 of 14
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Congrats and very nice starting limit!

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 3 of 14
BornSupercharged
New Contributor

Awesome! I love hearing success stories Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 14
civilitermortuse
Valued Member

@creditnocash wrote:

@civilitermortuse wrote:

CONGRATS!!! what are your other cards? 

My Other cards are

1. Cap 1 - $3,000 Limit - 98% Util - Secured

2. Cap 1 - $3,000 Limit - 98% Util - Secured

3. Cap 1 - $2,000 Limit - 20% Util - Unsecured

I am paying them all to less than 10% tomorrow,  which is after my cards post to the cra so thats why I was very shocked about the approval. I knew better, based on my cu that I shouldn't app, but couldn't say no Smiley Happy.

Thanks again!

Message 5 of 14
teddybearkelli1
Contributor

Congrats! I'm so glad it worked out for you. Smiley Wink

FICO scores: 790 (EQ) 786 (EX) 796 (TU) |
My Wallet:NFCU CR Visa 24k, AMEX Delta Gd 18k, Walmart Discvr 12k, USAA Plat RA MC 13k, BECU Visa 13k, NFCU NR MC 10k, Sams Discvr 10k, Sportsmans Visa 11.5k, WF Plat Visa 10k, Paypal Extra MC 10k, BofA Fraternity MC 14k, Sams Credit 10k, USAA World MC 9k, Military Star 8.2k |BOA CR 8k |AMEX Evrdy 8k |Lowes 7.3k | Chase Military Star MC 16k, JCPenneys MC 7k, Discover IT 5k , Gymboree Visa 4.5k, Sears MC 4k, TJX MC 3.5k, ToysRUS MC 5k, Chase Amazon Visa 3k, Home Depot 3k, Citibank Simplicity 6.5k, Fred Meyers Visa 2.5k, Target 2k, Kohls 2k, ITunes Visa 5k, Macys 2k, Vystar CU Visa 5k
Message 6 of 14
Leadberry
Established Contributor

@civilitermortuse wrote:

Congrats--I'm glad you were able to find a way to join!  Now buy your father dinner.  Smiley Tongue

FICO Scores 800+
Message 7 of 14
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

Congrats! Very nice starting limit. Will probably be near the $20k limit mark with-in 12 months.

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 8 of 14
civilitermortuse
Valued Member

@MountainHiker wrote:

Congrats! Very nice starting limit. Will probably be near the $20k limit mark with-in 12 months.

How soon do you think I should wait before I try a CLI with them?

Thanks,

Message 9 of 14
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the card and the limit...welcome to the NFCU Family!!!

*8/10/13
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.