cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Plat Approval

thornback
Senior Contributor

NFCU Plat Approval

Hey Y'all..

 

So, since I now have a clean report, and have experienced score decreases due to  the removal of my last derog / scorecard reassignment,  I decided to go ahead and hop out of the garden (just hit 90 day silver spade today - welp! back to seedling) to app for the NFCU Platinum.   I have 4 new accounts - now 5 -- in the last 4 months.  I was going to garden & wait til next year to app NFCU but changed my mind - I may as well take the new account hit now, and then head back in the garden.  This is the only other card I wanted so now I'll garden for 18-24 months (or until I'm forced to purchase a new car)

 

I apped for the Platinum because I wanted a low APR card in case i want to carry a balance for an unexepected expense.   Instantly approved for $4.9K -- which is totally fine - especially given my new accounts as well as Navy's reported DTI sensitivity & my student loan debt. 

 

Most importantly, I was given the lowest APR of 8.24% - which is fantastic.

 

They pulled TU, which is currently at 727 FICO8 and 719 FICO 9, with 15% util. and 4 cards reporting a balance (my reports were in no way app-ready as I do not micromanage util while gardening...).    This is my first / only credit product with Navy.  I opened a checking / savings in November 2018 just to get the membership thing going... put $50 in each, haven't touched it since.   

 

Anyway, I'm glad I went ahead and apped; now I can lock myself in the Garden for the forseeable future and let everything age and grow. 

 

navyapp_inked.jpg

 

 

 

 

Personal Aphorism:
"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"


Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 11/2020: EX 780 ✦ EQ 771 ✦ TU 781
Current FICO 9s | 11/2020: EX 793 ✦ EQ 780 ✦ TU 778
2020 Goal Score | 800s


My AAoA: 3.8 years not incl. AU / 4 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 7.10 years not incl. AU / 9.10 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/6 | 1/12 ✦ EQ 1/6 | 2/12 ✦ TU 0/6 | 1/12
Report Status: Clean


Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
AverageJoesCredit
Mega Contributor

Re: NFCU Plat Approval

Huge congratsSmiley Happy. Fantastic limit and superb aprSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 14
thornback
Senior Contributor

Re: NFCU Plat Approval


@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Huge congratsSmiley Happy. Fantastic limit and superb aprSmiley Happy

Thanks AJC!   And Yesss...that APR is perfection.  

Personal Aphorism:
"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"


Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 11/2020: EX 780 ✦ EQ 771 ✦ TU 781
Current FICO 9s | 11/2020: EX 793 ✦ EQ 780 ✦ TU 778
2020 Goal Score | 800s


My AAoA: 3.8 years not incl. AU / 4 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 7.10 years not incl. AU / 9.10 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/6 | 1/12 ✦ EQ 1/6 | 2/12 ✦ TU 0/6 | 1/12
Report Status: Clean


Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 3 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Mega Contributor

Re: NFCU Plat Approval

Now you have plenty of room for growthSmiley Happy. 25k approvals would be nice but usually nowhere else to go after. At lesst this way you can see your progressSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 14
thornback
Senior Contributor

Re: NFCU Plat Approval


@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Now you have plenty of room for growthSmiley Happy. 25k approvals would be nice but usually nowhere else to go after. At lesst this way you can see your progressSmiley Happy

This is so true...it's exciting to watch your limits grow -- CLIs also keep me from wanting to apply for new stuff - soothes the itch.   The only thing is - Navy, from what I've read - is HP happy, so I probably won't apply for a CLI this year - I'll wait till next year when some inquiries fall off EQ (they use EQ for CLIs I believe).   If i'm blessed with an auto-cli (do they do those?) before then, great; if not, so be it. $4.9K is workable.   Taking an HP for the app was no big deal because my TU only had one, unscorable inquiry on it. 

Personal Aphorism:
"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"


Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 11/2020: EX 780 ✦ EQ 771 ✦ TU 781
Current FICO 9s | 11/2020: EX 793 ✦ EQ 780 ✦ TU 778
2020 Goal Score | 800s


My AAoA: 3.8 years not incl. AU / 4 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 7.10 years not incl. AU / 9.10 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/6 | 1/12 ✦ EQ 1/6 | 2/12 ✦ TU 0/6 | 1/12
Report Status: Clean


Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 5 of 14
Flex1
Regular Contributor

Re: NFCU Plat Approval


@thornback wrote:

Hey Y'all..

 

So, since I now have a clean report, and have experienced score decreases due to  the removal of my last derog / scorecard reassignment,  I decided to go ahead and hop out of the garden (just hit 90 day silver spade today - welp! back to seedling) to app for the NFCU Platinum.   I have 4 new accounts - now 5 -- in the last 4 months.  I was going to garden & wait til next year to app NFCU but changed my mind - I may as well take the new account hit now, and then head back in the garden.  This is the only other card I wanted so now I'll garden for 18-24 months (or until I'm forced to purchase a new car)

 

I apped for the Platinum because I wanted a low APR card in case i want to carry a balance for an unexepected expense.   Instantly approved for $4.9K -- which is totally fine - especially given my new accounts as well as Navy's reported DTI sensitivity & my student loan debt. 

 

Most importantly, I was given the lowest APR of 8.24% - which is fantastic.

 

They pulled TU, which is currently at 727 FICO8 and 719 FICO 9, with 15% util. and 4 cards reporting a balance (my reports were in no way app-ready as I do not micromanage util while gardening...).    This is my first / only credit product with Navy.  I opened a checking / savings in November 2018 just to get the membership thing going... put $50 in each, haven't touched it since.   

 

Anyway, I'm glad I went ahead and apped; now I can lock myself in the Garden for the forseeable future and let everything age and grow. 

 

navyapp_inked.jpg

 

 

 

 


Navy, Navy, Navy, Navy, Navy, Navy, Navy, Navy.......... That's all I have to say. Oh, and congrats!!! :-)

Message 6 of 14
thornback
Senior Contributor

Re: NFCU Plat Approval


@Flex1 wrote:


Navy, Navy, Navy, Navy, Navy, Navy, Navy, Navy.......... That's all I have to say. Oh, and congrats!!! :-)


Many Thanks, Flex! Smiley Wink

Personal Aphorism:
"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"


Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 11/2020: EX 780 ✦ EQ 771 ✦ TU 781
Current FICO 9s | 11/2020: EX 793 ✦ EQ 780 ✦ TU 778
2020 Goal Score | 800s


My AAoA: 3.8 years not incl. AU / 4 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 7.10 years not incl. AU / 9.10 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/6 | 1/12 ✦ EQ 1/6 | 2/12 ✦ TU 0/6 | 1/12
Report Status: Clean


Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 7 of 14
pinkandgrey
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: NFCU Plat Approval

Congrats! Enjoy the new card!
Discover It: 19.7k
Amex ED: 18k
Citi DC: 7.7k
Fidelity Visa: 2k
Apple Card: 1.5k
Message 8 of 14
VoltronM
Senior Contributor

Re: NFCU Plat Approval

Congrats on your approval and very nice SL !!!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

8-2019 / Fico 8 EX 8013 , EQ 8016 , TR 810
Amex ED 22k , CSP 17k , Discover iT 12.5k , Fifth Third Bank S2C 12k , BofA Cash Rewards 10k , Avianca Vida 10k , State Farm Good Neighbor Visa 10k , Citi DD 6k , Union Bank Rewards 5k
Message 9 of 14
Remedios
Moderator

Re: NFCU Plat Approval

Congrats on your approval 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.