Did you mean: 

NFCU Secured Graduation @ 15 Months !

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU Secured Graduation @ 15 Months !

Hello! 

New poster here, long time lurker!

I wanted to take a sec to share my experience and provide data points for the community. 

You guys have have helped me out tremendeously with my credit !

I opened NFCU nRewards Secured Card Febuary 2019 with $1000 deposit. Carried a $750ish balance for almost a year. Then started to take things serious and paid the card down in full, used it for light spending 200 - 300 , PIF before statement cut. Well I was not able to post payment before this months statement cut, statement balance $997.98 lol. so I logged into my Navy accounts in the early morning to check on everything like I usually do, and noticiced my credit limit incresed to $2000! My $1000 deposit was also released to my NFCU savings account!

My apr has also automatically dropped on the card to 15.99%

Fico score provided from NFCU at time of card opening: 472 / Last refresh earlier this month shows 687 on NFCU app. 

Income: $57,000 / DTI: 29% / Chapter 7 Discharged January 2018

I was approved for a $500 CLOC last month, and a pandemic relief loan $3500 all from Navy. I have been a NFCU member since January 2018, and also was able to snag a $30,000 truck loan from them last year! They have been my main financial institution, all my income is deposited into checking. They have never requested POI for anything I have applied for.

Thanks again for everyone guiding me down the NFCU path, I could not have accomplished any of this without the help of these boards!

Also Happy Memorial Day weekend, thanks for everyone who has served, and lets not forget the strong military families that stand behind our troops!

Take care all and God Bless Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: NFCU Secured Graduation @ 15 Months !

Congratulations on your graduation and CLI!

Message 2 of 27
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Sweet and welcome to myFico!
Message 3 of 27
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous  There's been reports of successful additional CLI.

Read here https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/NFCU-Secured-Graduated/td-p/6012852

Message 4 of 27
TekkenQQ7
Established Contributor

Congrats,Congrats,

Message 5 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info @AllZero, I will try for a CLI and keep everyone posted!

A double dip from NFCU sounds awesome lol 

Message 6 of 27
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Good luck. Hope to read of your success!

Message 7 of 27
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats Buddy. GOOD LUCK on the CLI Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous  Welcome to the forum! And Super Congrats on your nRewards graduation! Smiley Very Happy

I was going to recommend that you ask for a CLI, but @AllZero  beat me

to the punch. Smiley Very Happy You can also request a product change (PC)

to a Cash Rewards card as well. You're certainly on the right track now, and Navy Fed

will do right by you as long as you continue to do right by them. Thanks for sharing! Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 27
UH_HUH
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello! 

New poster here, long time lurker!

I wanted to take a sec to share my experience and provide data points for the community. 

You guys have have helped me out tremendeously with my credit !

I opened NFCU nRewards Secured Card Febuary 2019 with $1000 deposit. Carried a $750ish balance for almost a year. Then started to take things serious and paid the card down in full, used it for light spending 200 - 300 , PIF before statement cut. Well I was not able to post payment before this months statement cut, statement balance $997.98 lol. so I logged into my Navy accounts in the early morning to check on everything like I usually do, and noticiced my credit limit incresed to $2000! My $1000 deposit was also released to my NFCU savings account!

My apr has also automatically dropped on the card to 15.99%

Fico score provided from NFCU at time of card opening: 472 / Last refresh earlier this month shows 687 on NFCU app. 

Income: $57,000 / DTI: 29% / Chapter 7 Discharged January 2018

I was approved for a $500 CLOC last month, and a pandemic relief loan $3500 all from Navy. I have been a NFCU member since January 2018, and also was able to snag a $30,000 truck loan from them last year! They have been my main financial institution, all my income is deposited into checking. They have never requested POI for anything I have applied for.

Thanks again for everyone guiding me down the NFCU path, I could not have accomplished any of this without the help of these boards!

Also Happy Memorial Day weekend, thanks for everyone who has served, and lets not forget the strong military families that stand behind our troops!

Take care all and God Bless Smiley Happy

First time post? You nailed everyones preferences.

Data points that help everyone,

great human intrest stuff

and remembering the fallen troops.

Welcome to MyFico!!!!

Thanks you so much for sharing your story and CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Cheers

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.