Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy FCU CLI > 80k

tag
sto0pyd
Regular Contributor

Navy FCU CLI > 80k

Navy FCU may have increased their aggregate credit card limit to something > $80k. I've been a member since 2000, have had auto loans paid off, and partial DD. I have a Flagship with a limit of 30k, More Rewards at 25k, and Platinum at 25k. The cards haven't had much use since I switched usage over to AMEX Platinum (was getting 10 MR on dining, and X1 which gives 3x on all purchases). I was checking my account and was bored so I clicked the happy button on the More Rewards with every expectation for it to get denied since my total limit was at $80k... but somehow, I was approved for what I was asking for, which was to bump it up by 5k. I was shocked so I then asked for the Flagship to be bumped up to 40k, but got the review screen and am pretty sure that the request will be denied. I don't know if this was an error or some programing fluke which allowed me to have exceeded the 80k threshold.

Navy-CLI.jpg

12 REPLIES 12
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Navy FCU CLI > 80k

I hate to burst your bubble but I am pretty sure they will take back that increase once they realize it . This has happened with others members as well . 

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 13
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

WooHoo!! Congratulations on your NFCU Approval!!👏🏼🍾🥂
I'd love to see this as a "new thing" versus a fluke...

Message 3 of 13
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

I hate to burst your bubble but I am pretty sure they will take back that increase once they realize it . This has happened with others members as well . 

Wuh Wuh @Jnbmom 

Too good to be true I guess....Smiley Very Happy

giphy.gif

Message 4 of 13
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@cashorcharge wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

Wuh Wuh @Jnbmom 

giphy.gif

If I am wrong running to my navy account 😂😂😂

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 5 of 13
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

@cashorcharge wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

Wuh Wuh @Jnbmom 

giphy.gif

If I am wrong running to my navy account 😂😂😂

Doubtful you'll be alone..

catherine-o-hara-schitts-creek.gif

Message 6 of 13
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

It will be reduced was above many years ago.  Got called from UW and says a mistake choose where i want it chopped. Smiley Sad.

Unless they are taking inflation into consideration, jk kinda.

Message 7 of 13
gordoncharles25
New Contributor

@sto0pyd @CreditCuriosity is the 80 max included personal loan or it is just for credit cards?

Message 8 of 13
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@gordoncharles25 wrote:

@sto0pyd @CreditCuriosity is the 80 max included personal loan or it is just for credit cards?

Credit cards

Message 9 of 13
Madein84
Valued Member

well, that was a nice surprise... 
CONGRATS!

Starting Score 8/26/18: FICO8 EQ:601 TU:611 EX:618
Current Score 4/1/2019: FICO8 EQ:739 TU:715 EX:680
Goal Score: 700+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.