cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help with Amex Blue Delta Skymiles (SP Approval)

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
Contributor

Need Help with Amex Blue Delta Skymiles (SP Approval)

As the title suggests, I got a pre-approval offer for the Blue Skymiles card tonight. I hit my 61-day mark with 2 Amex cards a couple of weeks ago and successfully got the 3X cli on the ED card.  I don't fly Delta, but I'm hoping to do much more travel than I do now (2 to 3 family vacations a year, might fly to visit family 6 times a year, no business travel). I can't apply for any Chase cards due to their rules and not really interested in them anyway. 

My question(s):

1) Will the new card get its own SL without pulling from my existing cards? I saw an older thread that somewhat confused me on this.

2) Is the Blue Skymiles a good option as a travel card for someone like me?

3) It's a SP pre-approval, which I appreciate, but should wait for another card that I might be interested in/use more? Got my answer. I'm pre-approved for just about all of their travel cards I had an interest in (Delta Gold, SPG Lux, SPG)

4) How often does Amex SP approval new cards when you're an existing customer/opt to get a new card?

Any thoughts/help would be appreciated. Thanks

Edits in bold

FICO 08 Scores (Starting; BK Discharged 4/15): EQ 647, TU 655, EX 638
FICO 08 Scores (Mar-18): EQ 757, TU 736, EX 746
Score Goal: 741
Current Cards: Cap1 QS: $1500 | USAA Preferred: $16000 | PayPal MasterCard: $7500 | Discover Miles: $12000 | AMEX ED: $12000 | AMEX Cash Magnet: $1000 | Citi Diamond Preferred: $3700
Cancelled Cards: OpenSky: $200
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Need Help with Amex Blue Delta Skymiles (SP Approval)

@polaris2011 wrote:

As the title suggests, I got a pre-approval offer for the Blue Skymiles card tonight. I hit my 61-day mark with 2 Amex cards a couple of weeks ago and successfully got the 3X cli on the ED card.  I don't fly Delta, but I'm hoping to do much more travel than I do now (2 to 3 family vacations a year, might fly to visit family 6 times a year, no business travel). I can't apply for any Chase cards due to their rules and not really interested in them anyway. 

My question(s):

1) Will the new card get its own SL without pulling from my existing cards? I saw an older thread that somewhat confused me on this. This depends on what your profile is to Amex. With only 1 card, chances are they'll extend more credit but also depends on income. 

2) Is the Blue Skymiles a good option as a travel card for someone like me? For your travel, I think it's a good card, however - I would suggest going with the Gold because of the points and SUB, then downgrading/PC to the Blue.

3) It's a SP pre-approval, which I appreciate, but should wait for another card that I might be interested in/use more? Got my answer. I'm pre-approved for just about all of their travel cards I had an interest in (Delta Gold, SPG Lux, SPG)

4) How often does Amex SP approval new cards when you're an existing customer/opt to get a new card? There is a first HP when getting into Amex, any subsequent card is an SP.

Any thoughts/help would be appreciated. Thanks

Edits in bold

Scores - All bureaus 756 +
TCL - Est. $275K
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.