Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nordstrom CC Approval!

tag
QuakerOatmeal
Regular Contributor

Nordstrom CC Approval!

I really should be gardening, but I couldn't resist applying for the Nordstrom Store card/Visa card.

I had this card (the visa version)many, many moons ago until I flubbed up my credit. So getting this card again was a personal milestone for me, I thought I'd never get considered for one again.

I got approved for a so-so limit of 2,500 on friday. But I haven't gotten any inquiry alerts yet... Is it possible that it was a soft pull? 

Also, I read somewhere that TD is the owner of Nordstrom CC accounts, is this true? If that's the case why would Target approve me for such a baby limit of 300, but then give me access to 2,500 at Nordstrom? Does Nordstrom still let you graduate from the store card to the visa card? I've done some snooping on the forums and I haven't seen this card mentioned very often recently...

Anyway, I'm very happy I was able to get approved for this card even though I don't see myself using it very often. I feel like I'm finally getting all my "credit ducks" back in a row. 

Fico Score 8 - 698
Transunion- 694
Total Open Accounts 16
AAoA 10 months
Hard Inquiries 14
Credit Utilization 6%

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Nordstrom CC Approval!

Congrats on your approval!

$300 in Nordstrom wouldn’t go very far lol. Don’t get me started on Target, their limits, and inability to request a CLI. I’m salty. 😐

Data points?
Message 2 of 17
QuakerOatmeal
Regular Contributor

Updated my original post with data points let me know if I'm missing any XD

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations, the Nordstrom card will grow fast. 

I am in WA state, they HP EX here, but it seemed to take a few day. Unfortunately, they do not graduate the store card to the Visa anymore. Smiley Sad

Did you apply online or in the store? They have two Visa cards, the Plat and the Sig. I would call and see if they will let you have atleast the Plat Visa. The credit limit will grow and you can ask to have your interest rate lowered. 

Message 4 of 17
QuakerOatmeal
Regular Contributor

Thank you!

I applied online. Is that something you can do? (I'm new, so I'm unsure). If I got approved on friday can I call and see if I'm eligible for it? It's weird because when I got approved they didn't even say for how much, I had to call in order to find out my CL.

Message 5 of 17
sdsoccerdad
Established Contributor

Congrats! I'm sure you can't upgrade from the store to Visa.  Before you were able to if you had a cl of $5K or more.  I started off at $1500 and am now at $6500. I called and asked but they said I had to apply instore/online.  I don't want another HP for it so I will just leave it as is.

Personal Cards:

Business Cards:

Started my journey in the high 500's 10/1/2016
Current Fico: EQ:740 | TU:757 | EX:775
Message 6 of 17
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@QuakerOatmeal wrote:

I really should be gardening, but I couldn't resist applying for the Nordstrom Store card/Visa card.

I had this card (the visa version)many, many moons ago until I flubbed up my credit. So getting this card again was a personal milestone for me, I thought I'd never get considered for one again.

I got approved for a so-so limit of 2,500 on friday. But I haven't gotten any inquiry alerts yet... Is it possible that it was a soft pull? 

In some cases it may be, but you'd have to check your CRs to determine whether the hit was SP or HP.

Also, I read somewhere that TD is the owner of Nordstrom CC accounts, is this true? If that's the case why would Target approve me for such a baby limit of 300, but then give me access to 2,500 at Nordstrom?   While TD Bank may the servicer for both accounts and entities, that doesn't translate into the same UW for both.  Each entity is separate and determine their own UW thresholds.   Does Nordstrom still let you graduate from the store card to the visa card?   Not any longer, unfortunately.   You're either approved for the retail store card or the Visa Platinum/Visa Signature.  I've done some snooping on the forums and I haven't seen this card mentioned very often recently...

Anyway, I'm very happy I was able to get approved for this card even though I don't see myself using it very often. I feel like I'm finally getting all my "credit ducks" back in a row. 

Fico Score 8 - 698
Transunion- 694
Total Open Accounts 16
AAoA 10 months
Hard Inquiries 14
Credit Utilization 6%

Message 7 of 17
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations, the Nordstrom card will grow fast. 

I am in WA state, they HP EX here, but it seemed to take a few day. Unfortunately, they do not graduate the store card to the Visa anymore. Smiley Sad

Did you apply online or in the store? They have two Visa cards, the Plat and the Sig. I would call and see if they will let you have atleast the Plat Visa. The credit limit will grow and you can ask to have your interest rate lowered. 

The store card cannot be upgraded into any of the Visa versions any longer.

Message 8 of 17
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

That was the sole reason for me app-ing for mine--to eventually get it turned into the Visa. But according to this forum the last invites for upgrades AFAIK went out last July or August. Going forward after that everyone had to re-apply to get the Visa version.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 9 of 17
QuakerOatmeal
Regular Contributor

Its been a few days since my approval and still no alerts about hard pulls! Hmph.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.