Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh Happy Days

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Oh Happy Days

Thanks everybody.  Feels really good to get for a card again after paying on a ch13 for 5 years .  Got approved for an Overstock card doing the SCT but this one feels "earned".  Would like to get a 3rd account reporting but not really interested in going the secured route.  Might just sit tight with these 2 for a little while and add a 3rd a few months down the road.

Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the QS1! Personally, I wouldn't be too upset about the plat denial. You definitely got the better card. I really regret getting mine as it has no intro apr and no rewards. Can't wait to combine mine when that one hits the 6 month mark. 

The Platinum can be upgraded to QS reward status.... I've done it three times now.

Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Finally mustered up the courage to apply for Quicksilver One about 1 month post ch 13 discharge.  Was not offered anything on the prequal site but decided to give it a shot anyways.  Lo and behold I was approved with a 3k limit.

Decided to app for the platinum immediately since it will be only 1 pull and to my surprise, I was denied.  I figured if they approved for one they would approve for both.  Has anybody else been approved for one and not the other?

EX - 612

TU - 597

EQ - 630

Lately the app system has been denying the immediate second app for "having a pending application in the system", or for verification reasons. Call them and ask what the denial reason was.

Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jamevfan wrote:

i had the same thing happned but i already had a secured CO and had just gotten approved for the QS1 and applied for the platinum also when they told me i could not have 3 subprime cards at the same time with them...they did tell me i would NOT take a hit on my credit for it...

The actual restriction is that if you have two existing Cap One cards OF ANY KIND, you do not qualify for the QS1 or the Platinum card. The Venture and QS cards have a five existing account limit. This limit is to encourage people to "move up the ladder" to the prime cards rather than piling up sub-prime cards.

There are some people that seem to have "invisible" accounts that for some reason the app system does not see. So far there does not seem to be any pattern to that, it seems to occur randomly.

Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the QS1! Personally, I wouldn't be too upset about the plat denial. You definitely got the better card. I really regret getting mine as it has no intro apr and no rewards. Can't wait to combine mine when that one hits the 6 month mark. 

The Platinum can be upgraded to QS reward status.... I've done it three times now.

How long were yours open? Mine's only cut 3 statements

EDIT: nevermind...got it handled!

Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! I was right where you are now a year ago. Use your credit wisely and anything is possible.Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Norman.  That was exactly the reason I was denied (Based on your application information, there is a currently pending or recently processed application with Capital One).   

I am going to call on Monday and have them do a recon.

Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's rare but can happen.  If you do, recon it.  Should be okay.  Smiley Wink

Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley Wink  Way to go !!!   

I cant wait to hear your outcome of the recon on Monday! 

Be sure to let us all know. 

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I sent an email to the Cap One EO this morning for a recon on my Platinum denial and received a call back about 10 minutes ago. The rep was extremely friendly and took down some of my info again and said I should hear something from the underwriting team in 3-5 business days. So we continue to wait.

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.