Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overstock - $4500 SL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Overstock - $4500 SL

I applied and was approved for $800 SL with Over Stock. Overstock store sucks, high price and not much selections compare to Amazon. I don't think I want to keep the account. I want Amazon store card but Synchrony will not approved me. :/
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Overstock - $4500 SL

@Anonymous wrote:
OP, what was your highest credit limit prior to overstock?...congrats

$1000. Since my history is so short, here's the entirety of it, from the beginning:

11/15: Capital One Secured, $200 limit

04/16: Capital One Plat. $1000 limit. 

04/16: Secured gets bumped to a $500 limit

06/16: Discover IT approved. $1000 limit

06/16: Citi DC approved. $1000 limit (6/25/16 I got on chat and got the APR permanently lowered from 23% to 17%) 

06/16: PC'd the Plat to a no AF QS

06/16: CU card approved. $500 limit, unsecured (they pulled TU, but TU doesn't have a FICO for me yet (?!)).

06/16: Overstock SP approval. $4500 CL.

06/16: (Tomorrow) I sign the docs on a $500 share secured loan from same CU. Not on my report, but the pull is there.

Not sure why Comenity gave me so much. Hopefully the other guys will follow suit!

Additionally, I run a lot of money (for me) through these cards. I've maxed out and PIF'd the Discover IT three times since I got it, early last week. The QS has seen quite a bit of usage as well. The secured card I PIF then sockdrawed last week. The Citi I've put a little money through. Keeping a near 0% util on that one for the next month or two, I want to try to get the APR down some more.

Also, I'm in the garden for the next 12 months. I closed on a house with 5 acres, owner financed (not going to report) about 4 months ago. I tried to get an FHA at first, but no underwriter would approve me without a credit score. I live in a small town, all my bills are local and paid for in cash - Even my landlord. I hit up an ATM and hand 'em a stack of 20s. Literally nothing to show I can manage money, besides my bank accounts.

I need to get a real mortgage in 24 months. Conveniently right when all the hard INQs will drop off my reports. This time next year, I'm going to try for a Penfed LOC and Platinum Rewards card because those two products would fit my spending habits fairly well, then I'm in the garden again for 12 more months until the mortgage closes.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.