Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PENFED APPROVED AFTER 30 YEARS OF TRYING

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PENFED APPROVED AFTER 30 YEARS OF TRYING

My score was 677 because of some recent applications. 

Income: over 100K

Many inquiries from two years ago but starting to fall off. 

The strange thing is no credit pulls (meaning they didn't check my credit report) so it must have been what you call a soft pull (means that they  softly checked my credit but not affected my inquiries). 

I think they are loosened up for now. 

Edit to add: I think those cards offered up above the accounts are "soft" offers rather than regular offers because I don't see all the PENFED cards there, that was the first time I started seeing cards, like the gold card and PENFED power cash rewards. I believe it's a soft offer. My husband has all the cards offered above his account like a soft offer but never regular offers but he always gets approved when he applies. 

Message 11 of 62
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Way overdue congrats !

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 12 of 62
5KRunner
Frequent Contributor

It's a bit surprising that they're loosening up when you consider what's happening with the economy, but I've had a similar experience with a few recent apps (two approvals in the past week from small credit unions).

Message 13 of 62
nuohlac
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!!

Message 14 of 62
ChazzieT
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations! 👍

Message 15 of 62
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals x 2!
Message 16 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on finally conquering PenFed!Smiley Very Happy

Message 17 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

CONGRATS!! I have a similar story for my husband never getting approved and because of your post, he applied for the Gold card as well and was instantly APPROVED for 10k! Thank you, he's finally in too!!

Message 18 of 62
ChazzieT
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

CONGRATS!! I have a similar story for my husband...

Congrats to you DH!

Message 19 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

CONGRATS!! I have a similar story for my husband never getting approved and because of your post, he applied for the Gold card as well and was instantly APPROVED for 10k! Thank you, he's finally in too!!

Congrats! If he wants he should try for the PenFed Power Cash right after. Did he have the soft offers above the account? Not the regular offers? 

Message 20 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.