Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal 2% MC Auto CLI + LUV button = 11X increase

tag
jenrn123
Valued Member

Paypal 2% MC Auto CLI + LUV button = 11X increase

So, back in April I applied for Paypal 2% MC after reading through the forums expecting a decent starting spending limit and was bestowed $300 after phoning in for verification. I figured the low limit was related to opening several other accounts the previous month. My FICO scores were in the upper 600's to low 700's at the time. I waited for the LUV button to appear and when it did I began requesting a CLI monthly. This past Friday I passed the 6-month mark and received an $800 auto-CLI bringing my SL to $1100. Today, once my power was back on, (off for 2 days in NC due to Hurricane Michael) I decided to app for a CLI via the LUV button. I requested $5000 SL and they countered with $3300. 6 months and an 11X increase...not too shabby! So there is hope, with a little bit of patience, for those of you who started low. For the DP, my current FICO scores are 687 (EQ), 713 (EX), and 727 (TU). I have several other Synchrony accounts - Lowes and Amazon, which I use frequently, and both have decent SLs ($7500 and $5000). I only used the Paypal MC a limited amount d/t to the low SL and will probably not use it for more than a monthly subscription service or two.

I just want to say how much I appreciate these forums! Hope these data points will help someone else on their journey.

Starting Score: EQ - 691; TU - 726; EX - 711
Current Score: EQ - 691; TU - 726; EX - 711
Goal Score: EQ - 780; TU - 780; EX - 780

Mortage Middle Score: Starting - 682; Current - 682; Goal - 740

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Paypal 2% MC Auto CLI + LUV button = 11X increase

Thanks for sharingSmiley Happy looks like i have months to go for any hope on increase on my $300 sl. No increase button on my homepage yet. Just coming up on my 3rd statement cut. Though it is small i find using it easier than DC as no redemption limitSmiley Wink
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Thanks for sharingSmiley Happy looks like i have months to go for any hope on increase on my $300 sl. No increase button on my homepage yet. Just coming up on my 3rd statement cut. Though it is small i find using it easier than DC as no redemption limitSmiley Wink

And it's hard to get into insurmountable debt with it. Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool story. Thank you for the DPs.

And Congrats! Jen on your 11X CLI.

Message 4 of 15
jenrn123
Valued Member

Thanks! That $300 CL really bothered me with all my other limits are between $1500 and $7500. Getting ready to mortgage app in about 7 months, so no new trade lines or HP CLIs for me.

Message 5 of 15
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the CLI progress!    @AJC - Everythings been going your way, you'll be posting that CLI next Smiley Tongue.

Message 6 of 15
jenrn123
Valued Member

I believe it took 3 months for the LUV button to appear. No harm in asking for some LUV once a month after that. I've seen reports here of CLI sooner than 6 months, but it seems in most cases the initial SL was higher. I had also just reported a modest increase in my income in anticipation of my next LUV button request ($65.5 K --> $67K). My monthly requests were made with both a zero balance and <20% balance usually after my most recent payment posted. I don't know what impact any of this had, perhaps it was just the 6-month timing. I'll probably lay off CLI requests on this acct for now, possibly waiting until mid-January. Good luck, Average Joe!

Message 7 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

And it's hard to get into insurmountable debt with it. Smiley Wink

True Dat😀 big ups @Anonymous 😁

Message 8 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Cred4All wrote:

@Congrats on the CLI progress!    @Anonymous - Everythings been going your way, you'll be posting that CLI next Smiley Tongue.

Lol thanks @Cred4All today was the first day since ive started rebuilding 3 years sgo that i felt i made it. Some awesome Amex news made my day, will post over in Personsl Finance laterSmiley Happy

Message 9 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@jenrn123 wrote:

I believe it took 3 months for the LUV button to appear. No harm in asking for some LUV once a month after that. I've seen reports here of CLI sooner than 6 months, but it seems in most cases the initial SL was higher. I had also just reported a modest increase in my income in anticipation of my next LUV button request ($65.5 K --> $67K). My monthly requests were made with both a zero balance and <20% balance usually after my most recent payment posted. I don't know what impact any of this had, perhaps it was just the 6-month timing. I'll probably lay off CLI requests on this acct for now, possibly waiting until mid-January. Good luck, Average Joe!

THANKS JEN😀 excellent data points and best of luck with your house huntingSmiley Happy

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.