cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Gold Visa APPROVED 17.5K

Highlighted

PenFed Gold Visa APPROVED 17.5K

I had been a member with PenFed for a few years now and only had a savings account at which I kept 2k in. I had tried in the past (about a year ago) applying for one of their cc and was denied. Yesterday decided to pull the trigger and go for it again. I applied for the Gold Visa, hit the submit button and crossed my fingers and got the "application under review" message Smiley Sad About a hour later got a text message and simultaneously an email congratulating me on my approval with a link to sign some paper work. My SL is a wopping 17,500, this so far is my biggest SL and I am beyond excited. 

Few data points

Equifax Fico8: 678

No collections

4 Charge offs (Paid)

Utilization :28%

Credit History: 1yr 8mths

Last App 6/29/2020
Last updated Fico 6/22/2020
Fico 8 Fico 9
TU:671 690
EQ:635 678
EX:656 654

NFCU Platinum 3.2k; NFCU Cash Rewards 10.5k; Nordstrom 5.5k; Target 2k; Discover IT 1k; Cap1 Secured 500; Cap1 QS 500; Wayfair 3k; Macys 2.3k; WalMart 400; Jared 1k; Citi secured 200; Saks5th 500; Justice 600; Neiman Marcus 2k; Amazon 1k; Old Navy 400; Pandora 500; PenFed Gold Visa 17.5k Meijer 780;
Commenity Bank Store cards:
Childrens Plc 1750; Victoria Secret 100; Forever21 950; Carters 250; Express 600; Venus 250; Kays Jewelry 1k; Ulta 500;

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: PenFed Gold Visa APPROVED 17.5K

Congratulations on your approval

Message 2 of 15
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 3 of 15
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@CreditNeedsLuvToo  Congratulations Penfed is an awesome  Cu..Monster SL 👍

Message 4 of 15
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Congratulations

Message 5 of 15
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!!

Message 6 of 15
Highlighted
Mega Contributor

“There is so much pain in the world, and most of these people keep theirs secret, rolling through agonizing lives in invisible wheelchairs, dressed in invisible bodycasts.”
Message 7 of 15
Highlighted
Established Contributor

@CreditNeedsLuvToo  Super Congrats on your PenFed Gold approval!!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 15
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

They are an interesting bunch for sure.

Congrats!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $400k unsecured credit in 2020.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

5% Rotating - Discover                         5%-20% - Amazon & Lowes                   3-6% Groceries - NFCU & Amex Preferred
3-5% Gas - NFCU & Ducks Unl            4% Dining & Entertain - Savor               3% Travel & Hotels - Flagship, Propel, & Uber
2% Everything - Flagship & Syncrony

Message 9 of 15
Highlighted

Sweet, congrats on getting it Smiley Happy

"If there's a lack of money in your life, understand that feeling worried, envious, jealous, disappointed, discouraged, doubtful or fearful about money can never bring more money to you, because those feelings come from a lack of gratitude for the money you have."

"Reactions are powerful creators because they contain every element needed to manifest—they're a combination of thought, belief, and feeling in action. Positive reactions create more positive things, and negative reactions create more negative things. If you can respond to negative situations calmly and lightly, instead of with emotional turbulence, what happens next in your life will be so much better."

- Rhonda Byrne

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.