Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed Pre-Approval!!!!

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

Penfed Pre-Approval!!!!

I logged into my Penfed online to pay my credit card bills. I noticed I got pre-approval offer for another credit card. By the way, I got promotional inquiry from Penfed last month.  They offered me to add $4600 to my Penfed Gas Rewards Platinum or choose Promise Card or the Penfed Gold Card. First, I chose $4600CL to add to my Penfed Cash Rewards Platinum Visa. It came back with the error message. It is not eligible account. I had to choose the Promise Visa with 7.49% APR. The application was pre-filled. I didn't have to fill out anything. It asked me a few thing. I was instantly approved for $4600.  I will receive the card within 7-10 days. They had to manual review my application. How likely am I going to get the card with this pre-approval? Was it approved?

Penfed Pre-approval.jpg

Penfed Pre-Approval1.png

Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38
Involver
Valued Contributor

Re: Penfed Pre-Approval!!!!

Yeah it's already been approved (see second image).  I got the same message when I was approved a couple weeks ago.  I'm surprised they wouldn't let you add the offered credit line to your existing card.  Either way congrats. Smiley Happy  Also as you probably already know this should only be a SP.

Message 2 of 39
RavenTKR
Established Member

I was under the impression that such pre-approvals only appear on April 1, and every three months. I have not seen it appearing in the middle of the month.

Anyway, congratulations to the offers.

Message 3 of 39
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Involver wrote:

Yeah it's already been approved (see second image).  I got the same message when I was approved a couple weeks ago.  I'm surprised they wouldn't let you add the offered credit line to your existing card.  Either way congrats. Smiley Happy  Also as you probably already know this should only be a SP.

Thanks!!! I didn't want another credit card from them. I just want to get $4600 CLI to my Penfed Platinum Cash Rewards Visa. The system didn't let me to do it.  I didn't want to get another card. 

Ron.

Message 4 of 39
Ron1
Super Contributor

@RavenTKR wrote:

I was under the impression that such pre-approvals only appear on April 1, and every three months. I have not seen it appearing in the middle of the month.

Anyway, congratulations to the offers.

Thanks!!! I didn't see it at the beginning of the month. I didn't see it yesterday. It showed up today. It was strange.

Ron.

Message 5 of 39
RavenTKR
Established Member

I wish to see those offers for myself. I joined PenFed about 18 months ago and have their Cash Rewards card, and no offers so far.

Message 6 of 39
Ron1
Super Contributor

I joined Penfed and got the Penfed Platinum Cash Rewards last January. I didn't get any pre-approval until now. It  has been almost 16 months. I have Checking, Savings, Money Market Savings (opened for 5% cash back for gas and waive AF). I don't have any other loans with them.  Recently, I saw promotional inquiry on my EQ. I got the 4.99% BT checks with no fee from them yesterday. I didn't use it . I put it into the paper shredder.

Ron.

Message 7 of 39
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Congrats, Ron!  Have missed the almost daily approval postings from a month or so ago.  I, too, wish I could get these pre-approvals.  I did receive the BT checks a week or so ago and haven't used them.  I think the lates on the mortgage I have with them are what's holding me back even though they are going on 6 years.  Have perfect payment history on everything else with them and most of it opened in the last few years.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 8 of 39
Ron1
Super Contributor

BigBS,

I didn't expect to get any pre-approval from them. They are very conservative. They only approved $5K for Penfed Platinum Cash Visa. I got those BT checks yesterday, I put  it into the shredder. I never got those checks sice I joined. You might get those pre-approval soon. You just have to watch out those offers.

Ron.

Message 9 of 39
BigBS
Senior Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

BigBS,

I didn't expect to get any pre-approval from them. They are very conservative. They only approved $5K for Penfed Platinum Cash Visa. I got those BT checks yesterday, I put  it into the shredder. I never got those checks sice I joined. You might get those pre-approval soon. You just have to watch out those offers.

Ron.

I'm not worried about it because it's clearly something I don't need.  It would be great if it did, but I'm okay without it.  I think the next thing I would like is an interest rate reduction on my mortgage.  Probably about a year from working on that.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 10 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.