Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-Approval Page on Chase Gave Me Nothing

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pre-Approval Page on Chase Gave Me Nothing

@HomeBuyerSpring2021 wrote:

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the great advice I've received here from people who have successfully navigated the credit world. It's so much easier to shore up your reserves when you're not at the bottom of the barrel. I had great credit before the recession (I'm assuming) because I'd always paid my credit card bills in full, on time, had a car loan & had never even had late library fees (or Blockbuster fees ... yes I'm that old). But I was totally ignorant about credit. But when you lose your income, it becomes difficult to pay your bills. A very harsh lesson learned. And beyond delving into credit sites & articles, the people on this forum take it to the next level with situation-specific advice, so again a big thank you!

Kimberly

I *worked* there. 😅 I was there at the tail-end of things so it was after they got rid of late fees, but introduced restocking fees. That was fun. 🙄

ETA: Congrats!!!! 

Message 21 of 27
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Okay I have something to admit to you all now ... I LOVE YOU!!!!

Just applied. Was approved for $17,700. My highest credit limit on any card as of yesterday was $9,400. I'm thrilled!

The 2008 recession right as I was getting divorced, had no income other than a co-owned business that was decimated & my mother got sick in another city with a rare chronic lung bacterial infection (that I had to manage) & then Alzheimer's (she's still living). Oh and I had 4 & 7 year old children. That last of 4 derogatory accounts finally fell off this week & while I've been managing my credit between then & now, my hands were really tied as to how much movement I could make. So this was my first step toward freedom!

So thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone on this forum who shares their wisdom.

Kimberly

Wow, thats amazingSmiley Happy thank you for sharing your story. Having a bad day myself today but after reading this had to sign in and say congrats and thanks for giving me a smileSmiley Happy. Youll find our community can always find a way to help even if its just a quick hello or cheer up buckarooSmiley Wink.  Becareful  with us those, we'll  have you seeing 10 cards easilySmiley Wink😃🙋‍♂️

Message 22 of 27
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Just applied. Was approved for $17,700. My highest credit limit on any card as of yesterday was $9,400. I'm thrilled!

The 2008 recession right as I was getting divorced, had no income other than a co-owned business that was decimated & my mother got sick in another city with a rare chronic lung bacterial infection (that I had to manage) & then Alzheimer's (she's still living). Oh and I had 4 & 7 year old children. That last of 4 derogatory accounts finally fell off this week & while I've been managing my credit between then & now, my hands were really tied as to how much movement I could make. So this was my first step toward freedom!

So thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone on this forum who shares their wisdom.

Kimberly

Congrats on the approval and very nice limit!!

Message 23 of 27
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Kimberly

Congratulations on your approval and nice SL!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 24 of 27
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Major league congrats !

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 25 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Big Congratulations!! 🎉🎉🎉

Message 26 of 27
Mv350
Valued Contributor

Woooo!! Congratulations on the approval!!!

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.