Did you mean: 

Premium Rewards Visa Signature Approval at $55K SL

tag
californiaboy935
Frequent Contributor

Premium Rewards Visa Signature Approval at $55K SL

APPROVED!

Screen Shot 2022-03-12 at 8.20.34 AM.png

Decided to Apply for this via my Bank of America Banker a few days ago to pay my taxes via credit card. It seemed like a smart thing to do since merchant processing fees online are 1.87% and rewards are 2.62% with preferred rewards at BofA (75% rewards bonus), luckily I was approved! The limit is under the total tax payment but I think it should be able to pay the card off a few times mid-month before it posts to my credit. Has anyone encountered problems doing that? When I did that on my American Express it gave me a financial review which took a ton of time but ultimately they didn't change anything about my account with them. Also, I was able to nab a unicorn signup bonus see below! 

Screen Shot 2022-03-12 at 9.07.58 AM.png

Also, she expedited the card so I received an email via UPS MyChoice that I have a package incoming later today or tomorrow. SO she must have added one-day shipping which is a huge plus. I guess I can reverse my tax extension now lol. 

For those interested, it looks like they pulled trans union, which is my worst score at 657 which recently fell due to my mortgage being reported. The representative I work with stressed that this is just a starting limit and that she would be able to review the account after I made the tax payments and successfully paid them off for a credit limit increase. Which is the first time I've heard someone have that much power over the credit line situation. I just recently became a wealth management banking client of Bank of America but have been a credit card and student checking account owner since my junior year of high school in about 2017.

Let me know if anyone wants more stats or has questions. Best!

Screen Shot 2022-03-12 at 9.00.57 AM.png

BofA Cash Rewards Visa $50,800 | NFCU MCPlatinum $50,000 | NFCU Cash Rewards Visa $10,000 | American Express Platinum | American Express Blue Cash Preferred $6,000 | American Express Cash $2,000 | American Express Blue Business Plus $4,000 | Apple Card Mastercard $5,500 | Discover IT Student $1,000

FICO 8 scores 03/2022
EX-680
TU-732
EQ-749
20 REPLIES 20
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Premium Rewards Visa Signature Approval at $55K SL

Sweet SL, grats on your new PR BoA card!!!!!

Message 2 of 21
californiaboy935
Frequent Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

Sweet SL, grats on your new PR BoA card!!!!!

Thank you! 

BofA Cash Rewards Visa $50,800 | NFCU MCPlatinum $50,000 | NFCU Cash Rewards Visa $10,000 | American Express Platinum | American Express Blue Cash Preferred $6,000 | American Express Cash $2,000 | American Express Blue Business Plus $4,000 | Apple Card Mastercard $5,500 | Discover IT Student $1,000

FICO 8 scores 03/2022
EX-680
TU-732
EQ-749
Message 3 of 21
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your BofA Premium Rewards approval! This is a goal card of mine and I hope to have it in a few years when I am out of college and my career takes off. Smiley Happy

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 4 of 21
californiaboy935
Frequent Contributor

@CreditAggie wrote:

Congratulations on your BofA Premium Rewards approval! This is a goal card of mine and I hope to have it in a few years when I am out of college and my career takes off. Smiley Happy

I wish you good luck in achieving your goal! 

FICO 8 scores 03/2022
EX-680
TU-732
EQ-749
Message 5 of 21
ccquest
Established Contributor

Absolutely massive approval there, congrats!

Also sure they're really working with you and trying to keep you happy if you're paying just taxes in amounts higher than $55k, sounds crazy to me.

Did they take away anything from your Cash Rewards card? I believe I've read around here before that BoA has a cap at $99.9k, but it looks like you've broken that and are around $105k right now.
as of 1/1/23
Current Cards:
Message 6 of 21
Elpadrino1
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on a nice BofA approval!!

Message 7 of 21
californiaboy935
Frequent Contributor

@ccquest wrote:

Also sure they're really working with you and trying to keep you happy if you're paying just taxes in amounts higher than $55k, sounds crazy to me.

Did they take away anything from your Cash Rewards card? I believe I've read around here before that BoA has a cap at $99.9k, but it looks like you've broken that and are around $105k right now.

Fortunately they didn't take anything away. Had to check to make sure, so looks like the hard limit isn't a limit but a guideline.

FICO 8 scores 03/2022
EX-680
TU-732
EQ-749
Message 8 of 21
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the strong approval!

Message 9 of 21
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@californiaboy935 wrote:

@ccquest wrote:

Fortunately they didn't take anything away. Had to check to make sure, so looks like the hard limit isn't a limit but a guideline.

There are a few other community members here that have greater than $99.9K total exposure with BofA. While not common, it is possible. 

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.