Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quicksilver Approval!

tag
jayjayhawaii
Regular Contributor

Quicksilver Approval!

I'm brand new here, but I've been lurking you guys' forum for a year or so and it has helped me tremendously. In college I took my credit, wrapped it up in a nice hefty bag and threw it in the trash. I had zero understanding of how credit scores worked, and was utterly confused. At 21, I viewed credit cards mostly as a free money ponzi scheme. Borrow $300 from creditor A, spend on partying, pay back with creditor B. Borrow $500 from creditor C, spend it on a car and pay back with creditor D, and so forth. Went full speed into an iceberg and sank like the unsinkable ship I thought I was. I even miscalculated the amount of lifeboats I'd need.

I've grown.

18 months ago my Experian FICO score was 455, today it's 584 with TU at 609 and EQ at 624. I finished grad school in 2016, got a good income and realized I needed a credit score if I didn't want to rely on Craigslist for every purchase.

Thought I'd finally join as I was just approved for my first non-secured, non-subprime cc! It's a Quicksilver One with a $300 cl, but a year ago, I couldn't even get a $300 cl from First Premier lol.

Other cards I have are Discover It secured with a $2400 cl, Capital One secured with a $500 cl. Have some subprimes, First Access, Milestone, First Premier and Credit One, all with $300 cl mainly just for easy budgeting and to keep my utilization low at this point.

Current FICO8:

2017: $200 secured card | 2023: $200,000+ total credit line
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Quicksilver Approval!

Congrats OP!!
Message 2 of 15
avp99
Frequent Contributor

Congrats and welcome to QS family.

Message 3 of 15
jayjayhawaii
Regular Contributor

Thanks!

Current FICO8:

2017: $200 secured card | 2023: $200,000+ total credit line
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations and welcome to the forum!

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats and welcome! Now that you’re no longer just lurking, please join in conversations and share your experiences and future successes!
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Cap1 approval and growth.

Now that you picked up a decent one, time to boot one of the others

Message 7 of 15
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 8 of 15
pip3man
Valued Contributor

Just an FYI, the Quicksilver One, Platinum and Journey products are all considered mainstream which essentially amounts to subprime cards. Congrats for getting ur credit back to what it should be

Message 9 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Welcome to the forum and big congrats🙂

What do your current scores look like. With your QS1 and Disco secured, which should grad eventually, I'd say on your next good pick up, you should evaluate letting some of your other cards go. That's a lot of subprime lenders who if not managed right can cause some headaches. Best of luck on your journeySmiley Happy
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.