cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RBC (City National Bank) Crystal - approved!

tag
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

RBC (City National Bank) Crystal - approved!

Some of the Garden Club members will remember that I was in Las Vegas last week.  I went out there with the intent of applying in-branch for this card (the local office only handles commercial accounts) if I had the time, so I brought multiple ID as well as POI and proof of liquid assets.  Well, as it turned out I did have the time. 

I filled out the application by hand, it's about 8 pages long but most of the 8 pages is informational.   The application itself is fairly boilerplate other than naming the (up to 2) people to be issued a Priority Pass and room to list the detailed information of the 1-4 AU on the account.  When I handed in the application they asked me what SL I was looking for.   Staff was very low key and pleasant. 

Based on what I had read previously I had expected the whole process would take about an hour, but it only took about 20 minutes. 

They pulled EX the next day.   They also called me with a question about something on my report,  nothing that even hints at something derogatory but the UW didn't understand it and wanted clarification.  They then told me they'd probably make the decision that day and woudl follow up.  I hadn't heard anything else back. 

They overnighted the card from Columbus GA.  FedEx just dropped off the card.    Made for a pleasant Friday surprise. 

Nothing about the SL in the package but I know that it's at least $10K and it's @ 13% APR.

Physically the card is similar in heft and construction to the Chase CSR or United Club card. 

Edited: SL is $15K.  No complaints. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: RBC (City National Bank) Crystal - approved!

Outstanding!  I was just reading about this card yesterday and very happy your shared your experience.  Congratulations on your newest addition.

Message 2 of 37
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on the new card
Message 3 of 37
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

Some of the Garden Club members will remember that I was in Las Vegas last week.  I went out there with the intent of applying in-branch for this card (the local office only handles commercial accounts) if I had the time, so I brought multiple ID as well as POI and proof of liquid assets.  Well, as it turned out I did have the time. 

I filled out the application by hand, it's about 8 pages long but most of the 8 pages is informational.   The application itself is fairly boilerplate other than naming the (up to 2) people to be issued a Priority Pass and room to list the detailed information of the 1-4 AU on the account.  When I handed in the application they asked me what SL I was looking for.   Staff was very low key and pleasant. 

Based on what I had read previously I had expected the whole process would take about an hour, but it only took about 20 minutes. 

They pulled EX the next day.   They also called me with a question about something on my report,  nothing that even hints at something derogatory but the UW didn't understand it and wanted clarification.  They then told me they'd probably make the decision that day and woudl follow up.  I hadn't heard anything else back. 

They overnighted the card from Columbus GA.  FedEx just dropped off the card.    Made for a pleasant Friday surprise. 

Nothing about the SL in the package but I know that it's at least $10K and it's @ 13% APR.

Physically the card is similar in heft and construction to the Chase CSR or United Club card. 

Way to go, CF

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 4 of 37
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@coldfusion  Congrats! 

Message 5 of 37
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats there man!

This and the US Bank Altitude Reserve are probably the only two other cards on my wishlist. Like you I'm really tempted when we take our yearly vacation to NYC to bring needed information and apply at one of the offices there. Worse they can say is no but if I do I hope they really don't. Smiley LOL

Message 6 of 37
calyx
Super Contributor

Nicely done - congrats!

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 7 of 37
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Yo @coldfusion  Heart

Message 8 of 37
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the CNB Crystal approval @coldfusion! This one is on my "maybe" list 😁
Message 9 of 37
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@simplynoir wrote:

Congrats there man!

This and the US Bank Altitude Reserve are probably the only two other cards on my wishlist. Like you I'm really tempted when we take our yearly vacation to NYC to bring needed information and apply at one of the offices there. Worse they can say is no but if I do I hope they really don't. Smiley LOL

+1 both on choice of cards and the plan to visit NYC. 

I was originally planning a day trip to Manhattan later this summer but took advantage of this opportunity as I was willing to burn a HP. 

I should have noted above that I'd say they aren't sensitive to either inquiries or new accounts either.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 10 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.