Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RBFCU CLI to $15K

tag
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

RBFCU CLI to $15K

The DH and I opened this card when we went for a personal loan years ago because the card was offered with the HP from the loan, and we thought, "why not??" I asked for a CLI a few years ago and was told no.

Given my recent FICO score increases, I decided to try for a CLI. I filled out the form and hit submit, and got the usual 4-24 hours for a decision. I had an answer later that day, approved, but for only $2600 more - they had raised to limit to $7500 from $4900. 😒

I didn't accept the offer and instead called in and asked why the increase was such a low amount. The rep asked me what amount I had put in for and I told her I hadn't put in an amount, that there wasn't a spot for it. I explained the amount was low compared to our other cards and I had expected a higher CLI. She asked what I had wanted and I told her $15K, at minimum. She resubmitted the application for review (no addition HP) and it came back approved the next day!

Yay!!Yay!!

I should have asked for $20K. Eh, next time. I'm going to use this card at Sam's club for my weekly grocery shopping. The DH didn't get a HP on his CRAs, which is interesting. I'm assuming because even though it's a joint account, I got the HP because I initiated the CLI. I've told the DH that he's doing the CLI request next time. 😄

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: RBFCU CLI to $15K

Congrats on the increase, @Adkins 

Message 2 of 31
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your RBFCU CLI . . . great you called and was able to get a higher limit . . . I wonder if that would work for me with Disco!!! Smiley Wink

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 3 of 31
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your RBFCU increase to $15K!

Message 4 of 31
Elpadrino1
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI!!

Message 5 of 31
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

NOICE!

I have also noticed it's best to call in instead of processing the application online as we cannot request the amount to be increased online.

FYI — They pull EX FICO 8 + EX FAKO 9 (for Historical Data), you can check my posts on RBFCU for more detailed information OP.

Message 6 of 31
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your RBFCU CLI!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 7 of 31
Yasselife
Valued Contributor

Congratulations 🤝

Message 8 of 31
NalekSok
Regular Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI! 🎉

Message 9 of 31
Binbinimiwi
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations and great work on the negotiation 🎉

>>
FICO8 Scores as of JAN 2021:

FICO8 Scores as of JULY 2023:

FICO9 Scores as of July 2023:

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.