cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SYNCB/Rakuten Visa: 7-10 days to Approved (Updated)

tag
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

SYNCB/Rakuten Visa: 7-10 days to Approved (Updated)

Update #2: SYNCB/RKTN Visa card arrived on 09/15/2020.

Update #1: SYNCB/RKTN showed up on all three credit bureaus on 09/09/2020, which is super fast!

Applied for Rakuten Visa 09/05/2020 and after application completion, I received this message "Thank you for applying for the Rakuten Cash Back Visa Credit Card. You will receive a response by mail within 7-10 days. Please call 1-855-697-4740 with any questions."

I didn't want to take that for an answer, so I searched the interwebs and found this number to "credit solutions" - 877-379-8173. I called to inquire about my application, but the CSR stated I was in the wrong department. The CSR transferred me to "customer service" - 800-528-2334, who looked up my application via reference number and said I needed to be moved again for "verification." This point, I was a bit happy because this might mean, yes, it means approval! I did not get the number for this "verification" department, but he retook my information, and after about 1-2min hold came back with congratulations, you're approved for 2k SL.

I'm writing this because sometimes the "7-10 day message might not be a decline."

DP's:

• SYNCB aka Rakuten Visa pulled: EX
  • EX FICO 8 707
  • SAG/ARS and INNOVIS: ICED
  • 3 HP's
  • Two derogatory accounts "paid in full" on EX
  • Approved with 2k SL

Questions:

• I got greedy and wanted a higher limit, so before the "verification" department hung-up, he transferred me to another department, "unknown" - 855-697-4555, and I requested 10k SL. The CLI was denied, and the CSR stated I would get a letter in the mail regarding the CLI denial. Is there another number I can call with better luck regarding SYNCB/Rakuten CLI's?
  • What're SYNCB CLI timelines, or can someone point me to the SYNCB/Rakuten CLI thread Smiley Happy ?
  • How long did it take your CC to arrive via mail?
  • Feel free to comment on anything I should know!

I currently have AMEX CS Platinum, Gold, BBP, and Amazon Prime Business card. So this will be a GREAT added benefit to accumulating some serious MR points!*

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: SYNCB/Rakuten Visa: 7-10 days to Approved

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 2 of 13
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Rakuten Visa approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (August 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 3 of 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on your Approval..

Message 4 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on the Rakuten approval. 2K seems to be their new normal for new cards (bankcards). Ask for the CLI in 4 months after using it!!

Message 5 of 13
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

Grats on the Rakuten approval. 2K seems to be their new normal for new cards (bankcards). Ask for the CLI in 4 months after using it!!

Thank you, that's good to hear that 2k SL is normal and I'm not being punished by the SYNCB Lords. Can you give me specifically who I should call and ask for a CLI in 4/months to?

Thank you!

Message 6 of 13
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Congrats!  It's a great card especially for online shopping when earning MRs.  My card arrived in about a week.  Up to about $10k, you are fine asking on the website (you'll need to receive your card before you can set that up).   More than 10k, you will want the overseas Credit Solutions number.  That can be found in the backdoor numbers thread.

Message 7 of 13
mrcraft
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!!

Message 8 of 13
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Congrats!  It's a great card especially for online shopping when earning MRs.  My card arrived in about a week.  Up to about $10k, you are fine asking on the website (you'll need to receive your card before you can set that up).   More than 10k, you will want the overseas Credit Solutions number.  That can be found in the backdoor numbers thread.

Thank you very much for the detailed response and thank you!

Message 9 of 13
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

WooHooWooHoo

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.