Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Savor One Approval!

tag
Pit-Smoker
Regular Contributor

Savor One Approval!

Hey all-- I noticed a similar thread from @quikj9  from only a couple of weeks ago, but I didn't want to hijack.  (Mods, do you prefer to pop these very, very, very similar threads into one?  Feel free to move this, if you want.)

My DPs:  All FICO 8S are hovering just over 700;  I have some big swings & movement based on a recent HELOC approval and use, so things are volitile.  I'd been as high as about 720s up to about 3 weeks ago... oh, and my new student loan also just hit my CRs. 

My applications are through the roof.  My Rebuild started 2 years ago in Feb,  and In addition to the usual rebuild apps, I started Grad School 2 years ago, and we've also done some work on the house.  

Looks like a nearly identical offer to Quikj9's (Congrats to you, BTW!): 

$1k SL, Savor ONE (no AF but worse incentives, from what I can tell, from Savor.) 

0.00 APR on purchases for 15 months;  no comment on BTs but I may call to inquire (Anyone know?)

APR: 25.49 %. 

I'm reviewing the old boards, which is how I found Quikj9's thread... but the Cap One info is voluminous, and as we all know, things are changing in the industry with the financial markets including COVID.  So, I have a few questions for the community, if you don't mind, please:   

I have an Appx. 17 month-old Cap 1 QS, which was a PC from a Platinum. This was a card where they gave me 500 and then a credit increase after 5 mos "with good behavior."  I got my CLI then PC'd it to QS about a year ago, and later received one, $100.00 increase.  Therefore this is sitting at $850. 

-- I mentioned "17 months" because I'm eligible to ask them for a CLI again at some point this month.  Does this approval reset my Cap One clock?  Should I not bother asking for a CLI on the QS? 

-- I know that PCs happen a lot in Cap One's world...  what about consolidations?  Are they willing to allow you to take a CL from another card and add it to the 'better' one?   E.g., Many banks have a '2 card limit.'  As my credit improves, I don't know if Cap One is one of these, but I do know that I don't want a bucketed 850 CL QS card to take one of these slots over time. 

-- Finally, The other thread said the other poster's CL on the Savor One would grow "...As long as you're not in Credit Steps."  Is what I described above ($500- $750 in 5 mos) the "Credit steps" or is that something else?  I really want this card to grow, and I know the other one won't likely do so. 

Thank you!  I'm off to change my spade back to a weed now.  :-) 

Rebuilding is like smoking a brisket: it takes a lot of love, the right spice, and a ton of patience. You don't rush a brisket-- it goes low & slow. Sometimes, you need a crutch through the stall. In the end, the process matters.
2021 goals: 
1) GARDEN until I app for Mortgage.
2) Pay Down overall revolving debt aggressively and accountably, to under 30%, including my HELOC.  
3) Don't waste the gifted 0% time on the student loans. 
4) Ultimately, refi the house at non-usury terms. 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Savor One Approval!

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 2 of 14
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Savor One approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 3 of 14
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

"Thank you! I'm off to change my spade back to a weed now. :-)" Smiley Very Happy

Congratulations on your Savor One Approval..

Message 4 of 14
blindambition
Senior Contributor

That's the SO for Good credit offer!! Congrats on your approval!! 👍🏻 

Message 5 of 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on the S1 approval Smiley Happy

Cap-1 has suspended its consolidation of CLs program indefinitely. Credit Steps is a program one is enrolled in if there is an AF associated with the card.

Message 6 of 14
quikj9
Frequent Contributor

@Pit-SmokerThank you and congrats on your approval! 

1) I don't think that your approval resets your CLI clock with Cap1. Different cards seem to be on different timelines, instead of one CLI per carholder every 6 months. 

2) It seems like card combination was something that Cap1 would entertain in the past, but currently that's not an option. There are several members here who are hoping that feature returns, but the outlook is unfortunately generally pessimistic. I remember reading that you're able to have 3 prime cards from Cap1. I could be wrong about that though. Still, I wonder if the PC'd Platinum to QS counts as a subprime or prime card. I'd guess the former.

3) That $250 "good behavior" CLI sounds like it was indeed a Credit Steps increase. 

I love my Savor One so far. It was a pleasant surprise to find out that it's a World Elite MC and don't forget that you get 5% back on Uber Eats until the beginning of next year. Enjoy your new card and here's hoping it grows!

Message 7 of 14
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

That's terrific!  Congratulations on your Savor Approval!

Message 8 of 14
Pit-Smoker
Regular Contributor

Thank you for the info, @gdale6 !

Rebuilding is like smoking a brisket: it takes a lot of love, the right spice, and a ton of patience. You don't rush a brisket-- it goes low & slow. Sometimes, you need a crutch through the stall. In the end, the process matters.
2021 goals: 
2) Pay Down overall revolving debt aggressively and accountably, to under 30%, including my HELOC.  

Message 9 of 14
Pit-Smoker
Regular Contributor

Thank you  @quikj9 ! this is great info, and I appreciate it greatly. Glad to hear it's working out well.  

I'll let you guys know how it goes in about a month when I hit C1 for a CLI. 

2021 goals: 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.