Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secured CC App Spree!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Secured CC App Spree!!!

I would most definately go ahead and apply with Navy, if you have built a strong relationship, may even get an unsecured card. I recently joined them a month ago and had to get a 1,000 secured. We have saw many that have been granted an unsecured in the 500s with a 3-6 month relationship to Navy, It cant hurt. 

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks! I actually am already a member of NFCU and am kicking myself for not applying for theirs! So should I go ahead do that one last app before gardening?

Since you are already a Navy Fed member, I would say Yes.

I'd also recommend starting with the nRewards Visa, and there

is no added benefit to securing the card with more than $200.

If you care and feed it for 5-6 months as I explained before,

you'll be able to leverage that $200 into $2,000 or more.

So Yes, just go for it. Best of luck to you! Smiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 17
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Nice work! Those are good cards. Treat them well and they’ll send your score through the roof. 

Discover It: 26.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 6.5k
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Last App, NFCU nRewards secured, called in, got the under review response around 6pm last evening. Short while ago got text and emailing saying... APPROVED!!! I'm beyond excited, grateful, and fortune to you guys for the extra boost of encouragement and wisdom throughout these processes. Knowledge truly is power. Thank you guys. Will be gardening this NFCU secured nRewards, Citi Bank secured, and Capital One secured cards until next year. And still working these PFDs and GWs on these 5 COs accounts.
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approvals. Relax in the garden on the patio with a nice drink. Treat those cards well and your score will recover. Once the negative accounts are removed, you will be able to look into bigger and better things. Sounds like you have a plan. Stick to your plan and everything will work in your favor. 

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! Feeling very encouraged that by summer of 2020, I will be mortgage ready with over 1 year perfect payment history on 3 revolvers, and 1 installment student loan, and only the 3 year old bad payment history on the charged off auto loan, and 2 bad payment history charged off student loans. Assuming they are double reporting causing I'm seeing 4 on there now. So the current 19 accounts that are all bad will be down to 3 bad ones as mentioned above, as 9 will fall off late this year, another 5 I will get PFDs for, and the 2 likely double reporting student loans. Would be great turnaround and huge bump in score after all is accomplished. Looks as if getting added to my fiancé only CC with 7 year perfect history will be necessary for my AAoA. Lol. Otherwise 4 1 year old accounts would be holding my score back a bit.
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update!!!! Citi was first to report new account just 2 weeks after opening. My Fico 8 went from 504 to 542 from that one secured CC reporting. All is looking up!
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.