Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

September App Spree Results

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

September App Spree Results

After 2 years of rebuilding and bringing down utilization and only 1 new credit card in that time, my scores dramatically improved so I decided to apply for a few CC's I had prequalifications for along with a few others with some good results - all but 1 approved  (I don't think Synchrony likes me)

A year ago my scores were in the low 600s.  My Ficos are currently: Equifax: 713  Transunion: 712  Experian: 716.   6 hard inquiries.  2% utilization < 2 years AAoA.  Only 1 negative from 2012 that shows paid.  

• Amazon (Syncrhony) - Denied due to too many inquires.  Which is odd because at that time I had only 2 inquiries less than a year old on any of the bureaus:  1 for Amex on experian in Feb and 1 from Barclay for a CLI (I hadn't been reading enough here, so I learned that the hard way).  I have 2 other CCs with them for Old Navy ($300) and Sunglass Hut ($800) which both have always been paid in full each month (I hardly use the Sunglass Hut one) and have been open for 2 years.  They won't give me a CLI on the Old Navy either!  Oh well - happy with my other results

On to the approvals

• Chase Freedom Unlimited - $5000
  • Discover IT - $3000
  • Overstock - $4500 (through the SCT while buying new bedding for my room so no hp)
  • Amex SPG - $9000
  • Cap One Venture - $15,000 (my biggest ever!) - This was the last one in September and wasn't instant approval.  They called yesterday for some verification and let me know I'd hear from them in 7-10 days,  so I called today to check and it was approved.  I talked to a rep and they let me know the CL.

Now I will be gardening for the next long while (probably 2 years).  Time to let the inquiries age and my AAoA increase - Very happy with what I have!  Only other card I have any desire for is the Chase Sapphire, but I won't be getting due to the 5/24 rule so I'll patiently wait.  I can grow what I have and get a limit I can be happy with.  Who knows what will be available then too.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: September App Spree Results

You've done very well! Keep it up.

Message 2 of 8
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

Great approvals, CONGRATS!!! Smiley Happy

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 3 of 8
shoegal
Valued Contributor

Congrats on all the approvals! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good job and great approvals. Congratulations!
Message 5 of 8
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals and good starting limits!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 6 of 8
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Nice Approvals! Congrats.

Message 7 of 8
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Nicely done !

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.