Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep Number Store

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sleep Number Store

After much anticipation and debate we decided to take the plunge and finally purchased an adjustable smart sleep number bed. They are having a Memorial Day Sale through monday so we thought it would be a good descion to do now, we ended up saving 650.00 off our purchase. They offered 36 month 0% interest and a CL of 10K I had planned to stay in the garden but the offer was a good one. I will pay it off in the next few months as I don't typically carry balances. Can't wait for our new bed system to arrive now Smiley Happy Just wanted to share! The process was super quick and the staff was excellent!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sleep Number Store

@Anonymous wrote:

After much anticipation and debate we decided to take the plunge and finally purchased an adjustable smart sleep number bed. They are having a Memorial Day Sale through monday so we thought it would be a good descion to do now, we ended up saving 650.00 off our purchase. They offered 36 month 0% interest and a CL of 10K I had planned to stay in the garden but the offer was a good one. I will pay it off in the next few months as I don't typically carry balances. Can't wait for our new bed system to arrive now Smiley Happy Just wanted to share! The process was super quick and the staff was excellent!

Congratulations on the bed, but you didn't give very good data points.

Who is the bank that backs your sleep number account?

Your CL is 10k, what did the bed cost and what will the utilization be on the card?

Did they HP?

Which bureau?

Message 2 of 14
avp99
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! what bank provides the financiing for Sleep Number?  I have had my eye on one for a while now.  In fact I am in the market for a new bed after I close in a couple of weeks.

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

The bank Sleep Number uses is Synchrony Bank. The Bed & Base was just over 5k.

It was a HP and for me they just pulled Ex but was told it's random. They often pull EQ. My FICO 8 on EX at the time of pull was 775.

I will be making a payment of 3k as soon as I can access the account so I don't tank my UTL on that account and pay off the balance in the next few billing cycles most likely. My over all UTL is normally always between 1% and 3% and I always PIF. The 0% interest sale is through monday should any be interested. The length of the 0% finiancing terms depends on your total purchase amount. 

Message 4 of 14
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the purchase OP.  I love my current Sleep Number.  I've had it for a little over a year now and can say that it was well worth it.  I hope your experience is that of my own as I use to think Sleep Number was a bit overrated...but like you, I decided to take the plunge last year and very happy that I did.  Enjoy your new bed when it arrives!

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The bank Sleep Number uses is Synchrony Bank. The Bed & Base was just over 5k.

It was a HP and for me they just pulled Ex but was told it's random. They often pull EQ. My FICO 8 on EX at the time of pull was 775.

I will be making a payment of 3k as soon as I can access the account so I don't tank my UTL on that account and pay off the balance in the next few billing cycles most likely. My over all UTL is normally always between 1% and 3% and I always PIF. The 0% interest sale is through monday should any be interested. The length of the 0% finiancing terms depends on your total purchase amount. 

Very good. 

The DW purchased us a Tempurpedic with a foundation last year. Total was around $7200.00. Tempurpedic directly  were offering 0% financing through Wells Fargo tempurpedic revolving line of credit card card for 48 months. Was approved for 15k. Put the $7200.00 on the card and paid 3k before the statement cut. Paying off the $4200.00 at $300 a month interest free!! Will be paid years before the 48 months comes along.

Message 6 of 14
surferchris
Valued Contributor

Congrats

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Next Cards (4th QTR 2022):
Navy Flagship Rewards VISA//Chase Sapphire Preferred
Stats:
Scores: 700's // Inq's: 1 for mortgage // Util: 1% // AoOA: 21 yrs

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, I guesss? I never would have fathomed paying over $5k for a bed. Nor even close to $1k. lol

Something about taking out such a high LOC for a sleeping apparatus doesn't sit well with me. I know experts say that you spend half your life there, so why not think of it like a luxury item, or car etc. I've just not seen any data to support them charging such a high amount, versus a decent traditional bed. Though I guss it's just another item meant to put people in debt, just to be able to live...

It also figures that the Bank is SYNCB. After recent dealings with them, I'm not to eager to do business again.

Especially as a CC type loan. IMO, this should be fixed installment Loan, not a revovling type. Thus affecting utilization.

That said, I hope you sleep well on it! 

Message 8 of 14
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats, I guesss? I never would have fathomed paying over $5k for a bed. Nor even close to $1k. lol

Something about taking out such a high LOC for a sleeping apparatus doesn't sit well with me. I know experts say that you spend half your life there, so why not think of it like a luxury item, or car etc. I've just not seen any data to support them charging such a high amount, versus a decent traditional bed. Though I guss it's just another item meant to put people in debt, just to be able to live...

It also figures that the Bank is SYNCB. After recent dealings with them, I'm not to eager to do business again.

Especially as a CC type loan. IMO, this should be fixed installment Loan, not a revovling type. Thus affecting utilization.

That said, I hope you sleep well on it! 

I'll be the first to say that I was exactly like this...always thought that spending lots of money on a bed wasn't crazy but not something I would ever see myself doing.  Let me know you...I was wrong on every level.  I don't need a doctor or professional to tell me now how important a decent bed is to *my* quality of life.  It has made a huge difference and I will never sleep on the previous box of rocks that I spent way to much of my life on.  

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently purchased a new mattress (not a Sleep Number) but can attest to the night and day difference a mattress makes--energy has increased, restfullness has increased, there are no more random aches and pains (I'm a millenial.  There shouldn't be any pain present. Lol.).  It was the mattress.

It was the best purchase I've made in several years and as soon as it becomes necessary again, I will immediately do it again.  Granted, my purchase was in the $1K range not the $5K range but I understand why someone would pay that much.  Research or not, it does make a difference for a lot of people.  Your body will be the true judge of it.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.