Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sometimes that intuition... Savor One

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sometimes that intuition... Savor One

Soooo... I have wanted this card for a long time but with my current $8250 in exposure with Cap, my low income, and my credit seeking ways I have been less than willing to throw away 3 HPs. I had a prequal about a week ago for the Savor but when I checked after getting my Payboo card approval, it was gone. 

My intuition was just telling me to app for it so this morning I unfroze my reports and checked prequal - no dice. QS1 and Plat with 26.96%.

I said screw it, I'm going to take a leap and see where it lands.

HOLY CRAP!!!!

IMG_1555.jpg

KNOCK ME OVER WITH A FEATHER!

And look at that ongoing APR! That's an excellent APR for a BK file when it comes to Cap - 26.96% was my expectation and I currently am at 25.15% on my QS!

Needless to say I'm in the garden for the long haul now... I have an outstanding CLI request in with BBVA which I have left EX unfrozen for.

My exposure to income with Cap now is insane. I guess the 5 years of perfect payment history on my QS definitely worked in my favor. $18,300 income, $18,250 in credit.

Scores at time of approval - TU 703, EQ 681, EX 703

HAPPY DANCE!! screamer.gifscreamer.gifscreamer.gif

I just gotta call the verification line in about 45 minutes so they can text me a code and its all set!! YAY!!!!

Message 1 of 64
63 REPLIES 63
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Sometimes that intuition... Savor One

Well that will make up for the AMEX spanking you got. And to those that all say Cap1 sucks. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Well that will make up for the AMEX spanking you got. And to those that all say Cap1 sucks. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Thank you!!

Yeah something tells me that I'm going to go back to using my QS now... because Cap just seriously rewarded my loyalty and I'm floored! I was thinking about making the Cash Magnet my non-category card because I am a bit annoyed with how I have to manage the PayPal but maybe I will just go back to using my QS.

I was fully expecting $1K. Never in my wildest dreams did I expect $10K!!! 

Message 3 of 64
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Thank you!!

Yeah something tells me that I'm going to go back to using my QS now... because Cap just seriously rewarded my loyalty and I'm floored! I was thinking about making the Cash Magnet my non-category card because I am a bit annoyed with how I have to manage the PayPal but maybe I will just go back to using my QS.

Your annoyed? What a whacked out way to get to your account. Sign in PayPal. Go to Sync. 2 sign outs. Phone app does nothing but show a balance. I agree with Cap. They were there after my BK and have been great. Started with a 1200 Plat. 3and a half yrs and now at 36k with them and I turned in voluntary 16k CLD to open other cards when I was worried about going over my income. Now i dont care. So easy to do things with the CB and so on. You'll love it.

Message 4 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FireMedic1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Thank you!!

Your annoyed? What a whacked out way to get to your account. Sign in PayPal. Go to Sync. 2 sign outs. Phone app does nothing but show a balance. I agree with Cap. They were there after my BK and have been great. Started with a 1200 Plat. 3and a half yrs and now at 36k with them and I turned in voluntary 16k CLD to open other cards when I was worried about going over my income. Now i dont care. So easy to do things with the CB and so on. You'll love it.

I am also annoyed that you can't get notifications for transactions and Sync apparently has a huge process if someone commits fraud using your card. I have dealt with it with Cap and it was painless.

I actually just got off the phone with their verification department. They were having trouble with the system. It wouldn't accept my Google Voice number (despite that being the same number I opened my QS 5 years ago with) and it was rejecting my actual cell number too. My chest sank when he put me on hold but he came back and asked if I can receive calls on my Google Voice, I said yes, he called me. Verified. 

As for Capital One, I'm thrilled with them. They gave me a $300 card right when I needed it back in 2014 despite me having nothing but negative credit occurrences since my 2010 BK and now they trust me with a $10K card. I have gone to bat for Capital One many times on this very forum and its nice to see that I wasn't wrong about them rewarding loyalty. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 64
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Soooo... I have wanted this card for a long time but with my current $8250 in exposure with Cap, my low income, and my credit seeking ways I have been less than willing to throw away 3 HPs. I had a prequal about a week ago for the Savor but when I checked after getting my Payboo card approval, it was gone. 

My intuition was just telling me to app for it so this morning I unfroze my reports and checked prequal - no dice. QS1 and Plat with 26.96%.

HOLY CRAP!!!!

IMG_1555.jpg

And look at that ongoing APR! That's an excellent APR for a BK file when it comes to Cap - 26.96% was my expectation and I currently am at 25.15% on my QS!

Needless to say I'm in the garden for the long haul now... I have an outstanding CLI request in with BBVA which I have left EX unfrozen for.

My exposure to income with Cap now is insane. I guess the 5 years of perfect payment history on my QS definitely worked in my favor. $18,300 income, $18,250 in credit.

I just gotta call the verification line in about 45 minutes so they can text me a code and its all set!! YAY!!!!

Let me know if you get the SUB...the fine print says existing Capital One CC customers may not get the SUB.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 6 of 64
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I have gone to bat for Capital One many times on this very forum and its nice to see that I wasn't wrong about them rewarding loyalty. Smiley Happy

Yes, you sure have.  Actually, you gave me advice to hang in there, not get frustrated....glad I took your advice or I wouldn't have my Savor either.  I did not get the cl you got but I am thrilled they approved you for 10k!  You deserve it and congrats many times over Saeren Smiley Happy

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 7 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sarge12 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

HOLY CRAP!!!!

IMG_1555.jpg

Let me know if you get the SUB...the fine print says existing Capital One CC customers may not get the SUB.

They absolutely will give me the SUB, I haven't applied for a new card in 3 years. This was actually the email that they sent me after approval and it has no fine print, these are my actual terms on this account.

Message 8 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GApeachy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I have gone to bat for Capital One many times on this very forum and its nice to see that I wasn't wrong about them rewarding loyalty. Smiley Happy

Yes, you sure have.  Actually, you gave me advice to hang in there, not get frustrated....glad I took your advice or I wouldn't have my Savor either.  I did not get the cl you got but I am thrilled they approved you for 10k!  You deserve it and congrats many times over Saeren Smiley Happy

Thank you very much, I am beyond thrilled right now. This card will get some heavy use from me. 

I am still shocked at the limit. I was honest when they asked me what my monthly credit card spend was and said $700. I was not expecting them to hit me with the limit they did but I totally appreciate it! Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 64
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I was honest when they asked me what my monthly credit card spend was and said $700. I was not expecting them to hit me with the limit they did but I totally appreciate it! Smiley Very Happy

So exciting.....hope you get a sweet score boost too!

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 10 of 64
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.