cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sportsman guide increase getting better.

tag
My_Fako
Established Contributor

Sportsman guide increase getting better.

Around 4 months ago first increase $500. Then then today $1200 increase. 

Just happy my 4 month cycle is getting better. 

Tried my Wayfair... no go. Last month they brought me up to $6700. Guess I'm no longer on a monthly increase with Wayfair. 

Amex PRG NPSL I Chase Marriott $10k I Venture $15.3k I Amex BCE $10K I PNC 13K I Chase IHG $8.6k l Amazon $6k l Chase Hyatt 20k l US Bank Cash+ $13K I Barclays $12.6k I Venture $13k l Discover it $4.6k l Express Next $3.1k l Amex EverDay $15K l Cabelas 1k I Wayfair $17.1k I Walmart $8k l SG $9.8k l Target $3.6K I PP 2K l AU Shell Gas $900 opened in 1974 l Ex 704 Tu 698 Eq 667

Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sportsman guide increase getting better.

Good job!  I renew my SG membership yearly just to throw them a bome for giving me a Visa.  I treat it like an annual fee.  I'll buy a knife every once in a while.

Message 2 of 6
My_Fako
Established Contributor

I shoot a lot. 

I buy buy all my ammo there. Usually free shipping and not taxes. Can't beat that. 

Amex PRG NPSL I Chase Marriott $10k I Venture $15.3k I Amex BCE $10K I PNC 13K I Chase IHG $8.6k l Amazon $6k l Chase Hyatt 20k l US Bank Cash+ $13K I Barclays $12.6k I Venture $13k l Discover it $4.6k l Express Next $3.1k l Amex EverDay $15K l Cabelas 1k I Wayfair $17.1k I Walmart $8k l SG $9.8k l Target $3.6K I PP 2K l AU Shell Gas $900 opened in 1974 l Ex 704 Tu 698 Eq 667

Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@My_Fako wrote:

I shoot a lot. 

I buy buy all my ammo there. Usually free shipping and not taxes. Can't beat that. 

I do the same and take advatage of the free shipping. Just wish they would come down on some ammo but the .223 is a great price. 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used the SCT and just applied for sportsman's guide visa last night. Said I was approved, but didn't provide SL, just that the card would be in the mail. I called CS today (they were closed last night). I asked him to check SL, asked for a CLI, and if this was a hard/soft pull. He said:

-spending limit $7k (nice!)

-it was a HARD PULL (**bleep**)

-and that to see if i'm eligible for a CLI at this time, they'd have to ask me some income questions and that this would also be a hard pull

while the SCT worked for me, i'm bummed that this was a hard and now i'll have an inquiry on my CS Smiley Sad

an hour after i applied for SMG visa, i also used the SCT to apply for an overstock (store) card. they instantly approved for $4k. i hope this was a soft pull. otherwise, 2 new inquiries for $11k and decreasing AAoA... not sure if it's worth it.

Message 5 of 6
Jimp2323
Regular Contributor

Got the pre-approval for the Sportsman's card, but got the "unable to make a decision right now--will hear in 10 days" message.  I assume this is a 'No".   Because I use the site quite a bit this was the one Commenity card that I really did want. Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.