cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Successful Mini App Spree! Time to Garden!

tyler539
Regular Contributor

Successful Mini App Spree! Time to Garden!

Hi y'all! Just excited to finally getting cards that have great rewards I've been desiring! I've held off on applications for almost an entire year to exit 5/24, and after finally exiting, I was approved for the Chase Freedom ($7k) after waiting 4 days of UW doing their work, and then waited 2 days after getting approval from Chase to apply for the Barclays UBER ($5k instant!) and the US Bank Cash+, which took 1 business day of UW doing their work to get the automated line to tell me approved! Not sure on the credit line, but excited for probably $5k!

I'm in the garden for a long time now, but I'm excited for $150 + $100 + $150 = $400 in sign up bonuses as well. My rent allows me to pay via credit card (5% fee), and considering I was going to pay by ACH with money I have anyway, I might as well rack up the free points by paying ~$50 in fees for $400 back. I know its not the highest return rate compared to if I just had natural spend, but its exciting to have rewards cards that I actually use (Dining and plane tickets!) and I'm excited to finally be in the door with Chase and also not being approved for weak limits! Just one year ago, I was being approved for $2000 and $900 limits, and now they aren't batting an eye at Visa Signature cards w/ >$5k!

Age 21
Current Score: EQ 802 (2 Inq) | TU 790 (6 Inq) | EX 807 (7 Inq)
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
VoltronM
Senior Contributor

Re: Successful Mini App Spree! Time to Garden!

Congrats on your mini spree approvals .very good SL also

8-2019 / Fico 8 EX 8013 , EQ 8016 , TR 810
Amex ED 22k , CSP 17k , Discover iT 12.5k , Fifth Third Bank S2C 12k , BofA Cash Rewards 10k , Avianca Vida 10k , State Farm Good Neighbor Visa 10k , Citi DD 6k , Union Bank Rewards 5k
Message 2 of 9
4theLoveofPoints
Valued Contributor

Congrats.

Nice build period. It’s even better given your age. Nice job targeting cards that work for you rather than just targeting cards in general.

Beginning Journey April 2017 – FICO 8

Current Scores May 2018 – FICO 8

Started this credit game with $8400 TCL in 04/17 now I'm at $150K+.
Message 3 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Mega Contributor

Awesome jobSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 9
Batsamandrobin
Regular Contributor

@tyler539 wrote:

Hi y'all! Just excited to finally getting cards that have great rewards I've been desiring! I've held off on applications for almost an entire year to exit 5/24, and after finally exiting, I was approved for the Chase Freedom ($7k) after waiting 4 days of UW doing their work, and then waited 2 days after getting approval from Chase to apply for the Barclays UBER ($5k instant!) and the US Bank Cash+, which took 1 business day of UW doing their work to get the automated line to tell me approved! Not sure on the credit line, but excited for probably $5k!

I'm in the garden for a long time now, but I'm excited for $150 + $100 + $150 = $400 in sign up bonuses as well. My rent allows me to pay via credit card (5% fee), and considering I was going to pay by ACH with money I have anyway, I might as well rack up the free points by paying ~$50 in fees for $400 back. I know its not the highest return rate compared to if I just had natural spend, but its exciting to have rewards cards that I actually use (Dining and plane tickets!) and I'm excited to finally be in the door with Chase and also not being approved for weak limits! Just one year ago, I was being approved for $2000 and $900 limits, and now they aren't batting an eye at Visa Signature cards w/ >$5k!

Congrats on your string of success, OP! 

Message 5 of 9
Tigers09
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your 3 approvals!! Nice work
State Farm Rewards (3,000) ~ Marvel MC (8,000) ~ PenFed Power Cash (10,000) ~ PenFed Promise (1,000) ~ PenFed OLOC (500) ~ Discover ($1,100) ~ Citi DC (2,200) ~ NFCU cashRewards (6,200) ~ NFCU Platinum (2,700) ~ NFCU CLOC (15,000) ~ Venture (10,300) ~ DCU Visa (5,000) ~ Chase Freedom (3,000) ~ Amex Hilton Honors (5,000) ~ Amex SPG (1,000) ~ Amex BCE (1,000) ~ Care Credit (15,000)
Current Scores (6/6/18): 697 Transunion, 659 Equifax, 674 Experian
Message 6 of 9
doinit1
Valued Contributor

Nice spree...congrats!!

American Express Business Gold(NPSL 10k) Chase CSP (25k) BofA CR Siggy (20.8k) BofA BBR (22.1k) Amex BCP(4.1k) Overstock (21.1K) Lowes (17K) NFCU CLOC (15K) NFCU VS Cash (15K) Care Credit (15k) J Crew( 11.9k)Venture WMC (10.25k) Amex Everyday (1k) Chase Slate (10k) Walmart MC(10k) BB Visa (10k) Discover(4.5k☝️) PayPal Cashback Mastercard (8k) Chase FU (7.4k) Citi AAdvantage Gold World Elite (9.5K) Citi Double Cash (8.5k) Fidelity® Rewards Visa Signature® Card (6.5K) PenFed PCR (5K) PayPal Credit (4550)Discover (500✌️) Kohls (3k) Chase Freedom (1500)

Mortgage May 2017 - 2 auto loans (1 PenFed and 1 Navy) Aug 2018=98K
Gardening until June 2021

FICO 8 Scores EX 700 EQ 696 TU 703
AAOA 5.2yrs TCL=268,700
Message 7 of 9
Rjw170
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the mini spree success!
Current Fico 8 Scores:

Credit Goal:

Gardening until 2021

Current Cards:

Wish List:

Message 8 of 9
dhi
Regular Contributor

@tyler539 wrote:

congratulations Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.