Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Amazon CLI

tag
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Synchrony Amazon CLI

@Anonymous wrote:

I wasn't too sure how Synchrony felt about me closing my CareCredit less than 6 months after opening it and my B&H less than 12 

And who knows..that could have been the catalyst for this cli, idk but your timing worked, Congrats!!!!!

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 31 of 38
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So I was just talking about how easy Sync cards are to grow and decided to go ahead and try to get a CLI on Amazon. 

I got this card at $1800 12/2018 and grew it to $6K over the course of the last year. I always get shot down when I request $10K so I decided to ask for $8K this time. Instantly approved!

I will go for $10K this summer when I don't have any credit card balances. 

I wasn't too sure how Synchrony felt about me closing my CareCredit less than 6 months after opening it and my B&H less than 12 so at least this confirms their algorithms still like me. 👍 

The only thing I do know, is that if you close a Synchrony card. You cannot get it until one year later. And not any earlier!

Ask Me how I knowSmiley Tongue

I do have a dp to add to that.^^^^ @M_Smart007   Dh closed his Sams Club store card in August 2019 (low limit of $900) and he just opened the other day their Sam's Club MC....of course it is a low but better limit of $2.9k.  So that may have hurt him as far as limits but I kind of doubt it cuz of the original low sc $900 limit that was originally opened in May 2019.  At least they did give him the MC version and it covered his expiring Plus Membership this month.  Just thought I'd add that dp. His total exposure with them is around $45k. Scores >770 x 3.  His VS 4 had dropped 60+ pts. though.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 32 of 38
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous congrats on your increase 

Message 33 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GApeachy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I wasn't too sure how Synchrony felt about me closing my CareCredit less than 6 months after opening it and my B&H less than 12 

And who knows..that could have been the catalyst for this cli, idk but your timing worked, Congrats!!!!!

Considering that dramatically slashed my risk going down $17,500 in exposure it probably did help. 

Message 34 of 38
forestgreenrover
Regular Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So I was just talking about how easy Sync cards are to grow and decided to go ahead and try to get a CLI on Amazon. 

I got this card at $1800 12/2018 and grew it to $6K over the course of the last year. I always get shot down when I request $10K so I decided to ask for $8K this time. Instantly approved!

I will go for $10K this summer when I don't have any credit card balances. 

I wasn't too sure how Synchrony felt about me closing my CareCredit less than 6 months after opening it and my B&H less than 12 so at least this confirms their algorithms still like me. 👍 

The only thing I do know, is that if you close a Synchrony card. You cannot get it until one year later. And not any earlier!

Ask Me how I knowSmiley Tongue

I do have a dp to add to that.^^^^ @M_Smart007   Dh closed his Sams Club store card in August 2019 (low limit of $900) and he just opened the other day their Sam's Club MC....of course it is a low but better limit of $2.9k.  So that may have hurt him as far as limits but I kind of doubt it cuz of the original low sc $900 limit that was originally opened in May 2019.  At least they did give him the MC version and it covered his expiring Plus Membership this month.  Just thought I'd add that dp. His total exposure with them is around $45k. Scores >770 x 3.  His VS 4 had dropped 60+ pts. though.

Congrats to Saeren, first of all! 

But I just wanted to add my dp's that actually contradict Smarty's post (sorry buddy, honest!)

I opened PayPal's 2% MC in Nov '17, with a limit of a cool $300. I closed it in Nov '18 after they wouldn't budge on a CLI. In June '19, I applied again for the same card and nabbed a $4k SL. Now up to $7k after two CLI's, the last of which was last Monday. Did have to wait six months for my first CLI on this one.

Oh, and Saeren, my Amazon.com Store Card has had a similar trajectory, albeit lower and slower. I started with $200 in Nov '17, it went from $200-->$700-->$1200-->$2500-->$4000-->$5000 currently. Gonna leave it there though because I hardly ever use it (I have to force myself to use it annually), and now I'm spooked because of all the closures we've seen recently.

AmEx Gold, BECU Cash Back 38k, PSECU Founders Visa Sig 30k, IKEA Projekt 28k, NFCU CashRewards 28k, Macy's AmEx 25k, NFCU More Rewards 24.5k, PNC Cash Rewards Visa Sig 20k, PNC Core 20k, Lowe's 17k, Overstock.com 16k, NFCU Plat 15.3k, FNBO Visa 12.3k, AmEx BCP 12k, AmEx EDP 12k, Citi DC 11k, AmEx Delta Gold SkyMiles 10k, PayPal 2% 10k, NFCU CLOC 10k, BBVA Clear Points 9.5k, Amazon Store 8k, Discover it 7.9k, PenFed Power Cash 6.25k, Kay 5.25k, Huntington Voice Plat 5.1k, J.Crew 4.5k, 5/3rd Trio 4k, Citizens Cash Back+ 3.8k, BB&T Bright 3.5k, BB&T Spectrum CR 3.5k, WF Cash Wise 3k, Huntington Voice Rewards 2.9k, WF Propel 2k, BECU Visa 2k, Citi Goodyear 1.9k, Cap 1 QS 1.75k, Cap 1 QS 1.45k
Message 35 of 38
bizarrocreditworld
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on the CLI! You'll get to 10K soon enough. 

No credit news is good credit news!
Message 36 of 38
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Awesome job @Anonymous  Enjoy your new limitSmiley Happy im 10k and done for life lolSmiley Wink

Message 37 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

Awesome job @Anonymous  Enjoy your new limitSmiley Happy im 10k and done for life lolSmiley Wink

Lol what are you up to, $50K in Sync exposure?

Message 38 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.