cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Lowes CLI

tag
Jonx1000

Synchrony Lowes CLI

I couldn't help myself. I know I just posted Synchrony Lowes CLI Data Points, but it didn't sit right in my gut based on my higher income and score that I was denied. So what did I do? I went against my word that I was going to do 3 microtransactions. I ended up spending $190 that night and waited for the transactions to post to the account and applied again, even before paying off the balance although I do have it scheduled to pay the full balance today.

I applied for $35,000 today over the phone this time rather than online, don't think it made a difference, but I did report an additional 30k of income that I just got. I was partially approved and was bumped from $6000 to $12,000.

Tried to push my luck and told the rep that, that was not good enough lol. I mentioned that this will impact a house project that I was working on and i was transfered all the way up to an account manager just to be advised that they only do automated increases and do not have a manual underwriting team.

She told me she has no knowledge of the underwriting criteria that allows you to reach this limit, but I'm free to request for an increase again at anytime. So I replied "Anytime? Let's do it again then.". Of course this second request got declined and no further CLI was provided.

Overall pretty satisfied, I will continue to use the card over the next two mounths and try again.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
bigseegar
Established Contributor

Re: Synchrony Lowes CLI

@Jonx1000 wrote:

I couldn't help myself. I know I just posted Synchrony Lowes CLI Data Points, but it didn't sit right in my gut based on my higher income and score that I was denied. So what did I do? I went against my word that I was going to do 3 microtransactions. I ended up spending $190 that night and waited for the transactions to post to the account and applied again, even before paying off the balance although I do have it scheduled to pay the full balance today.

I applied for $35,000 today over the phone this time rather than online, don't think it made a difference, but I did report an additional 30k of income that I just got. I was partially approved and was bumped from $6000 to $12,000.

Tried to push my luck and told the rep that, that was not good enough lol. I mentioned that this will impact a house project that I was working on and i was transfered all the way up to an account manager just to be advised that they only do automated increases and do not have a manual underwriting team.

She told me she has no knowledge of the underwriting criteria that allows you to reach this limit, but I'm free to request for an increase again at anytime. So I replied "Anytime? Let's do it again then.". Of course this second request got declined and no further CLI was provided.

Overall pretty satisfied, I will continue to use the card over the next two mounths and try again.

A) Congrats

B) Be very careful with rapid fire multiple CLI Request with SYNC. Their Bear will bite and close accts

C) either you have a killer job raise wise because in your post you reported you stated to them income in May 2022 of $100K, then 6 months later Nov 2022 up to $200K, 3 months later Feb 2023 first up to $240K and now a week later up ($30K more) to one would have to assume $270K. That's one heck of a salary improvement plan right there! I mean cause otherwise it's credit card fraud which is a felony if it isn't true.

Message 2 of 9
Jonx1000

Thanks for the heads up I'll slow down on the requests and yeah tech companies are spending real heavily on programmers like myself. I also started up a tech consulting company last year, but a bulk of my income is from my job.

Message 3 of 9
bigseegar
Established Contributor

@Jonx1000 wrote:

Thanks for the heads up I'll slow down on the requests and yeah tech companies are spending real heavily on programmers like myself. I also started up a tech consulting company last year, but a bulk of my income is from my job.

Very nice then! Yeah that for sure is a great job field to be in! Congrats again and just be mindful of SYNC lol.

Message 4 of 9
EAT_SLEEP_JEEP
Valued Contributor

congrats on the cli

KEEPER EVERYDAY CARDS/ AMEX CHARLES SCHWAB PLATINUM NPSL/ AMEX GOLD NPSL / AMEX GREEN NPSL/ AMEX EVERYDAY PREFERRED $30,000 CL/ AMEX BLUE BUSINESS PLUS $5000 SL/ AMEX BLUE CASH EVERYDAY $6000 / FIDELITY REWARDS VISA $23,500 SL/ NFCU FLAGSHIP $40,000 CL/ NFCU MORE REWARDS $33,000/WELLS FARGO AUTOGRAPH $8200 CL /

SOCK DRAWERED/ FNBO JEEP CARD $7700/ CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER $3000 SL/ APPLE CARD $6500/ / PAYPAL CREDIT LINE $1700
Message 5 of 9
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Lowe's CLI! I will agree that it would be wise to be cautious when applying for CLIs with SYNCB.

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 6 of 9
nytokyobred79
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your cli success. 

Avoided credit cards after ruining my financial health but got back into the game in 2019 after a 20 year hiatus
Total Revolving CL- $204,500 | Order of Opened Cards
Delta SkyMiles Blue- SL-$1K | CL- $22.6K
(pc'd from SkyMiles Platinum back to Blue)
Delta SkyMiles Reserve- SL- $10K | CL- $20K
Chase Sapphire Reserve- SL $20K | CL- $39K
Cap 1 Venture Rewards- SL $10K | CL $ 19.5K
Amex Everyday Preferred- SL $13.1K | CL $10K ( moved some limits around )
Chase Freedom Unlimited: SL $23.4K| CL $36.8K
BOA Unlimited Cash SL: $20.8K| CL $10.8K(moved some limits around)
BOA Travel Rewards SL: $20.8K | CL $5.8K(moved some limits around)
Amex Blue Cash Everyday SL: $10K
Amex Green Card: NPSL / POT: 17K
BOA BankAmericard: SL: $5K | CL: $30K
Message 7 of 9
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI! 

Message 8 of 9
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

That's great!  Congratulations on your SYNC approval!! 🥂🎉

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.