Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TJ Maxx Platinum Mastercard - Synchrony

tag
xaximus
Valued Contributor

TJ Maxx Platinum Mastercard - Synchrony

The DW apped and got a TJ Maxx Platinum Mastercard from Marshalls/Homegoods. Been using it on and off, ~$100 a month if that, some months, it hasn't even been half that. I saw that the 4th statement is cut now, figured I'd call in and see what could be done. DW started at $500 and apparently had an auto-CLI on the 3rd statement to $750. Her scores are all in the high 700's, well above mines. Oddly enough, she got a boost when added as an AU on mines. Her AAoA is relatively low at 1y8m. Called the backdoor number, asked for an ungodly amount for an increase (LOL, I shoot for the sky), countered with 10k, accepted it. 

DP - 750-780 across the board, AAoA 1y8m. 

500 > 750 > 10,000

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TJ Maxx Platinum Mastercard - Synchrony

WOW! What an impressive counter offer! Congratulations on the surprising CLI! fox laugh.gif

Message 2 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, big grats to DWSmiley Happy

I'm betting you asked for 100kSmiley Wink Gives me hope i can get my PP up from $300 to at least tree fiddySmiley Wink
Message 3 of 15
MartyWrite75
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your DW's approval!

October 2024: Experian 779; Equifax 779; Transunion 781

Cards I Have:
Cap One QS: $600 (Sock drawer) || Cap One QS (#2): $6,800 (Sock drawer) || Discover It: $13,400 || Cap One Savor One: $600 (Sock drawer) || AMEX BCP: $8,900 || Amazon Prime Store Card: $10,000 || FNBO Rewards Visa: $2,600 || Discover Cash Back: $7,500 || Citi Custom Cash: $12,500 || Verizon VS Visa: $15,000 || Amex Hilton Honors: $10,000 || Amazon (Chase) Prime Rewards (VS): $9,500

Wishlist Cards:
Paypal Mastercard || Bread Mastercard

Gardening to 10/2024(ideally)
Total Utilization: 10%
Inquiries: Exp: (1) Trans: (0) Equif: (0)

Message 4 of 15
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

WOW! Impressive ask and counter **takes notes** - congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 5 of 15
xaximus
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Lol, big grats to DWSmiley Happy

I'm betting you asked for 100kSmiley Wink Gives me hope i can get my PP up from $300 to at least tree fiddySmiley Wink

Lmao! How did you know? I actually did ask for 100k. The CSR on the phone actually laughed and said "are you sure?". I literally said "Well, I look at it this way, if I'm requesting an CLI, I might as well shoot for the stars then, either way, I'll get a counter which will tell me at that current time, that's what the max I can get."

TCL - Est. $410K
Message 6 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Haha , you really do have the biggest FICO in the crediverseSmiley Wink. I wanna be pimp like you hahaSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 15
xaximus
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Haha , you really do have the biggest FICO in the crediverseSmiley Wink. I wanna be pimp like you hahaSmiley Happy

Haha, no no. I bow down to AJC and the pimping CC skills Smiley Wink

TCL - Est. $410K
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you know which report they pull?
Message 9 of 15
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.