Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target Redcard Approval

tag
Mizqtpye
Valued Member

Target Redcard Approval

Super excited as this is my first unsecured -  albeit store card - post BK. Thanks @blindambition and @CreditMagic7 for the encouragement to pull the trigger. I got the 7-10 day message but called the number in back door thread since I have a fraud alert in place. They sent me a text message to verify my identity and said I was approved for a $500 SL! 

Question, is this sufficient as a third card for scoring purposes or should I still try for another unsecured nonstore type card (ie capital one, ollo if I get invite, etc)? Not planning to try anytime soon, just curious.

Starting FICO 8: 6/2020: EX 546 - TU 507 - EQ 596
Current FICO 8: 11/2022: EX 695 - TU 676 - EQ 680
2021 Goal Score: EX 690 - TU 690 - EQ 690

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Target Redcard Approval

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 2 of 19
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Mizqtpye wrote:

Question, is this sufficient as a third card for scoring purposes or should I still try for another unsecured nonstore type card (ie capital one, ollo if I get invite, etc)? Not planning to try anytime soon, just curious.

The Target card should be sufficient for your needs for the time being. I see an nRwewards card in your signature. I would recommend sticking with Navy for your future 2nd and 3rd Navy cards if you need higher credit limit. Capital One may not be as generous with starting limits.

Message 3 of 19
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

21719i720D07BB8D739D3A.gif

Every baby step ahead helps! WTG!

Message 4 of 19
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Congrats to you!!! So happy for you!!!

Three credit cards and one installment give best credit mix. The Target will help with age, payment history, and utilization.

Garden awhile, let cards age. When scores improve, concentrate on goal cards. Here you'll find when and what scores. Keep up the good work!

Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 19
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your new card!! 

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!  I love having a useful card like Target.  I have been afraid to apply for one, and I will not, since my husband did, and was approved.  We wear that card out.  We both got Fingerhut cards as our first post-BK cards and I'm very glad to have them, but after the overpriced blanket I bought and the overpriced scale he bought (to get the use and payments rolling), I can't think of anything else I want to buy from them!  Maybe some Christmas candy soon if they offer that? Target is as useful as it gets, though. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 19
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!!!

Message 8 of 19
titancylinder
Regular Contributor

Becareful with TD Bank.  They are very skittish right now. Out of all my lenders it was my Red card who CLD'd me, 400 dollars. Not a whole lot. Butz I'm going to close it soon. 

I've only ever had one other lender CLD me in my entire credit history, that was Barclay. I closed that card too. 

TDs excuse was because I didn't pay the balance off in full like I usually do. Dumbest excuse yet. Next week, I took ,20k out of savings and paid everything off. I was waiting to see how much longer COVID would affect my business before I let go of the additional capital. 

I'll be happy when I axe TD Bank next month. 

Coming Soon
Message 9 of 19
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on your Approval..

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.