Did you mean: 

Three-peat: US Bank Cash+ Visa

tag
Calicurli
New Contributor

Three-peat: US Bank Cash+ Visa

Smiley Very Happy

I cannot thank y'all enough!

After taking your advice from over the years, I've just received my third card approval from a mini-app spree: a US Bank Cash+ Visa!

Looking forward to having this one in particular because I wanted a Visa and get to choose the cashback categories to receive my 5% and 2%, with 0% APR for 12 months, and no annual fee. Much better than the BofA card I also applied for (which was declined, but received a counter-offer of a partially secured-card).

The limit is small ($2K), but considering where I was 7 years ago (multiple charge-offs and credit card judgments), it's a fresh start! When my balances are paid down on my current other 3 cards, I will have ~$21K in available credit.

This card will now be joining its new siblings, The Amex BlueCash Preferred and DisoverIT.

By the way: I don't have a ton of experience with backdoor numbers, but I must say that US Bank consistently had *the* nicest and friendliest underwriters I've ever spoken with.  They were even kind enough to guide me on when to call back to find out the decision.

Also, if you apply for this card, I would strongly recommend contacting underwriting after 3 calendar days: US Bank does not have any way to check the application status online (maybe one day they will!); otherwise, they send their notification via snail-mail.

Scores will be updating shortly, but at last check (in April) they were: 639, 649 and 660 Experian, TU and Equifax, respectively.  From what I have seen, they pulled Experian and TU.

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Three-peat: US Bank Cash+ Visa

@Calicurli wrote:

Smiley Very Happy

After taking your advice from over the years, I've just received my third card approval from a mini-app spree: a US Bank Cash+ Visa!

Looking forward to having this one in particular because I wanted a Visa and get to choose the cashback categories to receive my 5% and 2%, with 0% APR for 12 months, and no annual fee. Much better than the BofA card I also applied for (which was declined, but received a counter-offer of a partially secured-card).

The limit is small ($2K), but considering where I was 7 years ago (multiple charge-offs and credit card judgments), it's a fresh start! When my balances are paid down on my current other 3 cards, I will have ~$21K in available credit.

This card will now be joining its new siblings, The Amex BlueCash Preferred and DisoverIT.

By the way: I don't have a ton of experience with backdoor numbers, but I must say that US Bank consistently had *the* nicest and friendliest underwriters I've ever spoken with.  They were even kind enough to guide me on when to call back to find out the decision.

Also, if you apply for this card, I would strongly recommend contacting underwriting after 3 calendar days: US Bank does not have any way to check the application status online (maybe one day they will!); otherwise, they send their notification via snail-mail.

Scores will be updating shortly, but at last check (in April) they were: 639, 649 and 660 Experian, TU and Equifax, respectively.  From what I have seen, they pulled Experian and TU.

Congratulations to you!...Thanks for sharing.Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 13
thisladyz
Regular Contributor

Congrats!!! What a nice feeling! Smiley Happy

-----EQ---- TU---- EX
Nov 2021-- 817-- 817-- 809
Goal-- 800-- 800-- 800
Message 3 of 13
Calicurli
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Calicurli wrote:

Smiley Very Happy

Congratulations to you!...Thanks for sharing.Smiley Very Happy

Thank you! 

It gets better: I was told it's a Platinum card, and that there is the option to rush the card.  Instead of waiting 7-10 days, they only bill $15 to the card and I will receive it by Friday.

Also, their customer support is 24x7, so they told me I could call tomorrow and receive the tracking number.

Looking forward to a good relationship with them!

Message 4 of 13
Calicurli
New Contributor

@thisladyz wrote:

Thank you for the congrats! It really is.

I'm done for a while now Woman LOL

Message 5 of 13
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval !!

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 6 of 13
Calicurli
New Contributor

@Vegas4Play wrote:

Congrats on your approval !!

Thank you!

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good cards! Congratulations!

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

You broke into the conservative US Bank Card vault ... welcome to the Cash+ Visa and enjoy your new found card!
Message 9 of 13
Calicurli
New Contributor

@thisladyz wrote:

Thank you!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.