Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U.S. Bank Connect and Chase Freedom Flex Approvals

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

U.S. Bank Connect and Chase Freedom Flex Approvals

Hello everyone!

I just came off a year of "involuntary gardening" due to a fraud situation (someone used my info to try to buy a car online) and I admit I had the itch.  A happy side effect of the strict gardening was that my HPs went to basically nothing (TU-2, EQ-1, and EX-3) and of course there had been no recent new accounts, so I figured the timing was right to try for a couple of 'acquisitions' that would usually be out-of-reach.

Anyway, I decided to roll the dice and give the U.S. Bank Connect a try.  I admit the sign-up bonus was what initially got my attention, and after the first year I'm going to see if I can get them to PC it to another Cash+, and if that fails possibly an Altitude Go. 

The app went to review, just like my Cash+ back in 2017 and my Altitude Reserve in 2019.  On the eighth (!!!) day the automated line finally told me I was approved, and that night I got the automated email:

Connect Approval.png

It's a modest approval for a travel card, but considering my resources/profile and my existing U.S. Bank exposure (Cash+ $11k and Altitude Reserve $15k) I consider it generous.  I don't have the card yet so I don't know the APR.  They pulled TU, and my score is in the 800-820 range... I'll update with exact info when I get the card.

After applying for the Connect, I figured I would go for the Freedom Flex as well - that's another that under normal circumstances would be perpetually out-of-reach.  During the Paypal and Walmart 5% quarters I can definitely use the extra 'bucket' and of course the bonus is nice as well.  When I applied, it also went to review... I had the 30 day message.  Thankfully they didn't make me wait too long... the next day it was approved for $9.6k. 

ChaseFFMC.jpg

Notably, this is the first time I've not been given the lowest APR on a Chase card... they assigned me 20.74% on this one.  Not awesome, but I would never carry a balance on this card anyway so I'm not too worried. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As usual (for me) Chase pulled both EQ and EX.  EX was 804, EQ should (???) have been similar... again, I'll update when I get the card in the mail with the exact scores.

Hopefully someone will find these data points helpful! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: U.S. Bank Connect and Chase Freedom Flex Approvals

Congrats Heart

Message 2 of 36
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your U.S. Bank Connect -and- Chase Freedom Flex approvals . . . great discipline in the Garden!

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 3 of 36
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Remedios wrote:

Congrats Heart

Thanks!  Smiley Tongue Heart Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 36
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals!
Message 5 of 36
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@babygirl1256 wrote:

Congrats on your U.S. Bank Connect -and- Chase Freedom Flex approvals . . . great discipline in the Garden!

Thanks!  The Garden stint definitely wasn't planned, but it all worked out OK. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 36
mgood
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ8 680, TU8 713, EX8 701
Current Score: EQ8 778, TU8 766, EX8 770 as of April 25
Goal Score: EQ8 780, TU8 780, EX8 780

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
AZE4 - 2% Utl - New Accts: 3/6, 4/12, 7/24
Message 7 of 36
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approvals!

Message 8 of 36
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

Hello everyone!

I just came off a year of "involuntary gardening" due to a fraud situation (someone used my info to try to buy a car online) and I admit I had the itch.  A happy side effect of the strict gardening was that my HPs went to basically nothing (TU-2, EQ-1, and EX-3) and of course there had been no recent new accounts, so I figured the timing was right to try for a couple of 'acquisitions' that would usually be out-of-reach.

Anyway, I decided to roll the dice and give the U.S. Bank Connect a try.  I admit the sign-up bonus was what initially got my attention, and after the first year I'm going to see if I can get them to PC it to another Cash+, and if that fails possibly an Altitude Go. 

The app went to review, just like my Cash+ back in 2017 and my Altitude Reserve in 2019.  On the eighth (!!!) day the automated line finally told me I was approved, and that night I got the automated email:

Connect Approval.png

It's a modest approval for a travel card, but considering my resources/profile and my existing U.S. Bank exposure (Cash+ $11k and Altitude Reserve $15k) I consider it generous.  I don't have the card yet so I don't know the APR.  They pulled TU, and my score is in the 800-820 range... I'll update with exact info when I get the card.

After applying for the Connect, I figured I would go for the Freedom Flex as well - that's another that under normal circumstances would be perpetually out-of-reach.  During the Paypal and Walmart 5% quarters I can definitely use the extra 'bucket' and of course the bonus is nice as well.  When I applied, it also went to review... I had the 30 day message.  Thankfully they didn't make me wait too long... the next day it was approved for $9.6k. 

ChaseFFMC.jpg

Notably, this is the first time I've not been given the lowest APR on a Chase card... they assigned me 20.74% on this one.  Not awesome, but I would never carry a balance on this card anyway so I'm not too worried. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As usual (for me) Chase pulled both EQ and EX.  EX was 804, EQ should (???) have been similar... again, I'll update when I get the card in the mail with the exact scores.

Awesome job @UncleB  nice to finally see an approval for this much talked about  cardSmiley Wink.  As @Gmood1  would say " UNKA B  B FLEXIN!"😁 glad to see one of the good guys getting sum credit luvinSmiley Happy Enjoy!

Message 9 of 36
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

Hello everyone!

Connect Approval.png

ChaseFFMC.jpg

Awesome job @UncleB  nice to finally see an approval for this much talked about  cardSmiley Wink.  As @Gmood1  would say " UNKA B  B FLEXIN!"😁 glad to see one of the good guys getting sum credit luvinSmiley Happy Enjoy!

Haha, thanks @AverageJoesCreditSmiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.