Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature - $15K Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature - $15K Approval

Submitted an online application for a US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature card on 4/25 and was notified that I would get a decision in 7-10 days.  I later called Credit Card Underwriting Services several times and each time I got a recording saying "I'm sorry; I'm unable to retrieve your application information." Late yesterday afternoon I allowed the call to go through to a representative who pulled up my application and told me "It looks like your application is declining due to too many inquiries."  I thanked her for her help and hung up thinking I would call back to recon when I got the decline letter in the mail.

So imagine my shock when I logged into my US Bank account a few minutes ago and saw the following:

2018-04-27_11-12-38.png

My application was actually approved with a $15K starting limit.

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature - $15K Approval

Congrats MnB on the great SL!😎
Message 2 of 26
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats there!

Message 3 of 26
jlitnns
Established Contributor

That is a sweeeeeet surprise, congrats!

Robot Very Happy

Message 4 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!

Now you dont have to answer the phone if they call you to tell you of the approval Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Gmood1. Its amazing how many banks I'm noticing now that I've been focusing on my credit.  

Backstory:  I recently realized there was a U.S. Bank branch less than 2 miles from my home so  a month ago I went in-branch, opened checking, and savings accounts; seeded them with $100 each and arranged direct deposit of a portion of my income so I could get the $200 signup bonus.  On Tuesday I received a mailer for their Reserve Line of Credit so I went back to the branch where a personal banker told me that they would need to do a hard pull; I declined the offer but took the opportunity to open a Money Market account and put some of what I call my "FU money" in it.

While researching the Reserve Line in this forum I noticed users like Djgrolyos and longtimelurker raving about how generously they extend credit to deposit account holders.  So I figured that if they were going to do a hard pull I might as well just apply for a Cash+ card and put in an online application. Now I'm eyeing the Altitude Reserve but will garden for a while since I'm up to 10 inquires on TU, 7 on EX, and 2 on EQ.  I'll call them later to see if they will use the TU pull for the Visa+ to give me the reserve line of credit.

@Gmood1 wrote:
Congrats MnB on the great SL!😎

Message 6 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval.
Message 7 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M&b

Having applied on 20th apr for cash+ visa & I got 7-10 day message and they pulled EQ for me in GA and I called status line and told I was declined. 

After hearing you it looks like I can be hopeful. Usually pulls TU but pulled EQ 698 fico 8 score. 

Message 8 of 26
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

Congrats OP! Awesome SL.

Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 9 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would call (800) 947-1444 and speak directly with a representative rather than wait around and wonder about the outcome.

@Anonymous wrote:

@M&b

Having applied on 20th apr for cash+ visa & I got 7-10 day message and they pulled EQ for me in GA and I called status line and told I was declined. 

After hearing you it looks like I can be hopeful. Usually pulls TU but pulled EQ 698 fico 8 score. 

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.