Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Platinum Approval and Cash +

tag
irunfromcredit
Frequent Contributor

US Bank Platinum Approval and Cash +

So I thought I was done applying, but went for it.  Some backstory and a question....So US Bank purchased my mortgage and I was online reviewing my account and figured, let's see if I can get an prequalifications.  Low and behold, I did get prequalified for three cards, but the Platinum would serve me best right now as I wanted to do a balance transfer.  The prequalification showed me 0% APR for 18 months for new purchases and balance transfers and a fixed APR after the promotion of 14.99%.  I decided to apply, but got a message that my address didn't match the USPS listing or something like that. Was given a message to call. I closed out the screen and tried again to get the prequalifications up again, and I got nothing...so I decided to cold app.  The application went into pending.  Called the status line and still pending, called this morning and was approved for $15,000.  Smiley Happy  The promotion I got was the standard promo of 0% for 15 months but the CSR was not able to see what my APR would be.  Was wondering if US Bank would honor the original promotion?  Pretty happy about this approval, this is my first card with US Bank. I have no relationship with them other than them purchasing my mortgage last month.  They pulled TU and at the time of app I believe my score was 749. I have tons of inquiries and newly opened accounts.  

For those who have US Bank cards, what has your experience been like?  And do you think they would honor the original promotion I saw?

Thanks in advance!!

Edit:  went for one more card, cash +....was approved for another $15,000. This card will be useful for my cell and cable bills along with my ventra and metra expenses. Smiley Happy

Scores 8/25/2017~ TU: 753 / EXP: 742 / EQ: 726
Goal: 770's or higher by end of 2017
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: US Bank Platinum Approval

Great approval IrunSmiley Happy enjoy itSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I love US Bank. They treat their customers really well. Once you are in you are in. They value relationship banking more than any lender I know. Besides Discover they are the one Bank/Card I would never want to lose. Started with a $500 Visa and a year later have a Visa, Amex, Reserve LOC, and the Premier Line Plus. (Plus a couple CLIs)

Congrats. I think you will like them. Call and ask about the promo. Tell them you are a new customer. See what they will do for you.

Also... they don’t always let you know what you are preapproced for. I call and ask once a month if I have any preapprovals.

I learned this once when calling in on my checking and was told I had one for the Premier Line it the Resevre Line... can’t remember which once. But since then I have had a couple I didn’t know about till I called and asked.

Congrats again .
Message 3 of 5
irunfromcredit
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I love US Bank. They treat their customers really well. Once you are in you are in. They value relationship banking more than any lender I know. Besides Discover they are the one Bank/Card I would never want to lose. Started with a $500 Visa and a year later have a Visa, Amex, Reserve LOC, and the Premier Line Plus. (Plus a couple CLIs)

Congrats. I think you will like them. Call and ask about the promo. Tell them you are a new customer. See what they will do for you.

Also... they don’t always let you know what you are preapproced for. I call and ask once a month if I have any preapprovals.

I learned this once when calling in on my checking and was told I had one for the Premier Line it the Resevre Line... can’t remember which once. But since then I have had a couple I didn’t know about till I called and asked.

Congrats again .

Thanks for the feedback on US Bank.  So far, I have had nothing but amazing customer service from them!  I've had to call on a couple of things and every interaction has been great!  

I did call and try try to get them to honor the promotion I saw, but they said no. But that's ok. The card is actually going to be used for a BT and I may try to pc it after the 15 months is up.  I read on here that you can use the same pull for multiple products. I went ahead and applied for the cash + and was approved for $15k!  Was not expecting that much, but the 5% will come in handy for my cell phone and cable bills and my ventra and metra passes.  

I have a feeling I am going to have a great relationship with US Bank. 

Scores 8/25/2017~ TU: 753 / EXP: 742 / EQ: 726
Goal: 770's or higher by end of 2017
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US Bank Platinum Approval and Cash +

Very nice! Congrats again. Yes, you will like them. Actually people love them or hate them. But usually the ones who hate them say it is cuz they are conservative (but that is only for people who only have a cc... if you have a relationship I don’t think they are from my Experience. They gave me my highest limit card at the time)

Enjoy them. Remember to call every so often to see if you have any preapprovals.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.