Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Approved!

tag
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

USAA Approved!

After I applied for my Marriott Business I decided that I was finally done for awhile.

I placed a freeze on all 3 reports and moved on.

2 days later (today), I receive a pre-selected offer for a Rate Advantage card from USAA.

USAA, CITI and AMEX were my white whales.

I lifted the freeze, Apped and was approved for $10,000😁.

Now I wait for Citi and Amex to come around for main revolvers.

Exp pull 772-74 inqs-AAOA about 4 years

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USAA Approved!

Congrats!
Message 2 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Super Congrats on your new USAA Rate Advantage 10k SL!

BTW, I'm surprised that USAA pulled your Experian.

I was under the impression they routinely pull Equifax.

Did you specifically ask USAA to pull your EX after you

unfroze your CR's? Thanks in advance!

Message 3 of 25
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Woody you're on a roll! Congrats on the USAA app. USAA has been one of the easiest to build limits with minus the HPs. lol
Guess I need to make room for another life size poster or statue in the foyer. And add you to my collection of Credit Idols. You've joined the ranks of Finstar, 12njoy and UnkaB! 🤣
Apparently your creditors believe the Wood is good!😂
Message 4 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Woody,

Would you mind sharing your APR?  I just got the prequalified "Rate Advantage" starting at the beginning of this month.  They want to give me 14.49%.  The previous offer for one of their other cards was 18.49%.  I'm curious what kind of scores are needed to get higher rates.  Those APRs are too high IMO.  Thanks!

Message 5 of 25
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats Woody!!

With me, I couldnt decide between USAA or NFCU so I went with Penfed instead

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 6 of 25
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Super Congrats on your new USAA Rate Advantage 10k SL!

BTW, I'm surprised that USAA pulled your Experian.

I was under the impression they routinely pull Equifax.

Did you specifically ask USAA to pull your EX after you

unfroze your CR's? Thanks in advance!

They have always pulled Ex for DW and the Credit Pulls Database noted mostly Ex which is why I lifted that freeze

@Anonymous 

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 7 of 25
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

“Wood is good”

im stealing that😂

Message 8 of 25
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Woody,

Would you mind sharing your APR?  I just got the prequalified "Rate Advantage" starting at the beginning of this month.  They want to give me 14.49%.  The previous offer for one of their other cards was 18.49%.  I'm curious what kind of scores are needed to get higher rates.  Those APRs are too high IMO.  Thanks!

0% for 18 months then 18.49%.

quite frankly this card doesn’t compare to others I have as far as rewards.

I also have several sub 8% options should I need to carry a balance.

This one is just to help with my Hobby.

My business accounts are what I’m more serious about

Message 9 of 25
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@Meanmchine wrote:

Congrats Woody!!

With me, I couldnt decide between USAA or NFCU so I went with Penfed instead

With me it was Blonde or Brunette so I went with the red head

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.