Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Limitless Approved.

tag
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

USAA Limitless Approved.

As I have stated in other posts, I had the USAA Preferred Cash Rewards Visa, which pays 1.5% cash rewards.

I wanted the new Limitless Card for the 2.5% cash rewards as we do most all of our banking with USAA and have done this since the bank basically opened. Both my wife and I direct deposit our pay to USAA.

When I originally applied, I was declined. After further reading on this forum, I learned that USAA will only allow an aggregate credit limit of $50k. We have a USAA Rewards VIsa with a $35k limit. So that told me why. (I should have read here first)

I started an on-line chat with them and asked them the best way to go about making the change as a product change was not available. I was told that I needed to close the Preferred Cash card, wait for that closure to show up on my credit reports, then reapply. So last week, I closed the Preferred.

This morning I had a message from the rep that I have been working with, and she stated she was incorrect and I did not need to wait for the closure to report. She stated that "internally" as soon as I closed the account, that credit was available right away.

So, this morning, I applied and was approved! Same $15k credit line and .5% above their best interest rate.

Now I'm happy.    Smiley Very Happy

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: USAA Limitless Approved.

Rock on RaySmiley Happy.

Superb job, if its your main hub might as well get the most bang for your buckSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 6
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Rock on RaySmiley Happy.

Superb job, if its your main hub might as well get the most bang for your buckSmiley Happy

Thanks! This will now become my go to card for things that I cannot get better cash back for. blispay will now be used for the 6 months deal they offer.

I do like the blispay card, super simple. But I'm greedy and want that extra .5%. LOL...

Ray

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad you could work with USAA and get yourself over to the USAA Limitless Cash Rewards Visa Signature for 2.5% rewards. As you know, you will be the winner on this product! Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 6
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Glad you could work with USAA and get yourself over to the USAA Limitless Cash Rewards Visa Signature for 2.5% rewards. As you know, you will be the winner on this product! Smiley Happy

Thanks - it was kind of a hassle getting there, and I did have to take a HP for it, but in the long run, I think totally worth it.  Smiley Happy

Ray

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!! Waiting for availability in California.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.