Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Union Bank rewards visa Approval 12.5k

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Union Bank rewards visa Approval 12.5k

First I would like to thanks @Mahraja @FinStar @Gmood1 and @woodyman100  for some of your DP's that made me decide whether to apply or not for thisSmiley Happy.

Well wanted one more CC that pulled Experian  since I have only had 1 HP in the last year and that card ended up being Union Bank.. I read alot of scary things on here about them and how inquiry sensitive they are along with their verification questions.. I can't really answer the Inquiry sensitive part as only had 1 HP on Experian  in last year and that was a month ago.  Although the Verification Question were TOUGH!  They had me shaking as one wrong answer and well you know how that goes.  I had to yank out my CR and thankfully it had a really old phone number on it that they asked me with a few other pieces of info. Had to run out to my car while applying before time out to get my license plate number and what not lol.

Anyways it all ended up good with a 12.5k approval which i think is certainly fair and mobile pay at 5x points is pretty cool.. I wanted another "challenge" card and a card to be slightly different than most as expand my lender base.

Ended up being an instant approval.  Gotta love those!

Stats:

Experian pulled this will be 2nd hp on Exp in last year

Score pulled assuming 08: 797

Income: six figures

Obviously no lates, etc..

Any other questions feel free to ask.  I never thought i would say this, but I am off to the garden!

Screen Shot 2019-07-13 at 1.00.32 PM.png

Actually appears my score was a few points higher than DP as got alert from Experian.  So close to 800, just cross it why dont you dangit!

Screen Shot 2019-07-13 at 2.18.42 PM.png

Message 1 of 60
59 REPLIES 59
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Union Bank rewards visa Approval 12.5k

WOO HOO!!!! Congrats on finally getting this card!!! Its a unicorn card for sure, and a very decent SL!! Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 60
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

CON CRATS CC on another CC!Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 60
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Awesome CC!! Another bank bites the dust! You've been on a roll lately. lol

Congrats on getting in with Union Bank! Not a bad bank to be in bed with IMHO.Smiley LOL

Message 4 of 60
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Gmood1 wrote:

Congrats on getting in with Union Bank! Not a bad bank to be in bed with IMHO.Smiley LOL

looks like we both got the same SL's lol..  Least I tied you with this one vs lagging behind maybe being in the house over the year is starting to pay off? Smiley Happy.  How is their interface on the web for account maintenance?  Is the card just a platinum or signature, not that it really matters.  I will take my $100 for 1k spend and call it the day, not the best bonus, but had to get the last app out it was between: union bank, discover and bofa.. Discover crossed out as already with them and knew they would of been so kinda and offered me like 1k at their best APR as was pre-qualified so passed on that, BofA I have pretty much ceiling credit with them although pre-qualified for all their cards through set apr offer so found this "gem" today and decided why not..  Wonder what it will be like trying to actually be in the garden now?

Message 5 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats ... keep hangin' with the gang and you will have to use a spread sheet to manage all the accounts Smiley Happy The rewards are very lucrative on this account.
Message 6 of 60
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats ... keep hangin' with the gang and you will have to use a spread sheet to manage all the accounts Smiley Happy The rewards are very lucrative on this account.

lol i actually cancel alot of my cards as well with subpar cls, aprs or rewards.  I am sitting on about 18 majors on personal credit and a few store cards being lowes and care credit then about 6 business cards so hasnt come down to a spread sheet as of yet other then i do know when the AF's are coming on the big boys that make me cringe everytime like Gold/CSR, etc.  Something about the rush of whether it will be an approval or denial?  Maybe it is due to all my reports being clean that i can get whatever i want now mainly that don't have an x/12 or x/24 rule around it?  Anyways as stated i am going to really try to remain in the garden till the end of the year if not longer unless a bonus comes that i just cant say no to Smiley Happy.  Last week I cancelled 3 personal cards btw.

Message 7 of 60
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

looks like we both got the same SL's lol..  Least I tied you with this one vs lagging behind maybe being in the house over the year is starting to pay off? Smiley Happy.  How is their interface on the web for account maintenance?  Is the card just a platinum or signature, not that it really matters.  I will take my $100 for 1k spend and call it the day, not the best bonus, but had to get the last app out it was between: union bank, discover and bofa.. Discover crossed out as already with them and knew they would of been so kinda and offered me like 1k at their best APR as was pre-qualified so passed on that, BofA I have pretty much ceiling credit with them although pre-qualified for all their cards through set apr offer so found this "gem" today and decided why not..  Wonder what it will be like trying to actually be in the garden now?

It's a signature. The web interface isn't highend or anything, but not overly complicated. Pretty easy to navigate. 

Making payments and redeeming rewards is easy. They waste no time getting your rewards out to you, once the SUB is met.

Message 8 of 60
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@CreditCuriosity 

Congrats very nice SL.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 9 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval and SL!

Message 10 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.