Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update: Decided to go with Chase Freedom Unlimited

tag
BirchBarlow
Contributor

Update: Decided to go with Chase Freedom Unlimited

I decided to go with Chase Freedom Unlimited over Chase Amazon or Discover.  Chase Freedom Unlimited seems to have the benefits of both plus a $150 sign-up bonus when you spend $500 within the first three months (seems pretty generous).  Once I was approved for CFU, I went ahead and closed my legacy BoA AMEX, as I have little use for it anymore.  Don't worry, my CFU initial credit limit is quadruple the credit limit I had on the BoA AMEX, so zero negative impact from closing the account.  I'll probably garden for a while, but if I go for one more card in the near future, it will probably be the Discover.  Cat Happy

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Update: Decided to go with Chase Freedom Unlimited

congrats !! what was your SL ?

Message 2 of 5
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval !!!

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BirchBarlow wrote:

I decided to go with Chase Freedom Unlimited over Chase Amazon or Discover.  Chase Freedom Unlimited seems to have the benefits of both plus a $150 sign-up bonus when you spend $500 within the first three months (seems pretty generous).  Once I was approved for CFU, I went ahead and closed my legacy BoA AMEX, as I have little use for it anymore.  Don't worry, my CFU initial credit limit is quadruple the credit limit I had on the BoA AMEX, so zero negative impact from closing the account.  I'll probably garden for a while, but if I go for one more card in the near future, it will probably be the Discover.  Cat Happy

Congratulations to you!...Thanks for sharing.Smiley LOL

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've really enjoyed having the Freedom Unlimited. I hit the $500 spend in one transaction when I had to go to the ER a few months ago and pay my ER copay. Unfortunately, I had to use my $150 bonus on the subsequent hospital bill but it was definitely helpful. Don't be alarmed when they say "we'll credit your account in 6-8 weeks;" for me it took only a week or two. It comes in the form of 15,000 UR points that you can use however you'd like. I chose a statement credit.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.