cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

**Update Hat Trick** 3 apps, 3 approvals, 1 HUGE LIMIT!

tag
Caught750
Valued Contributor

**Update Hat Trick** 3 apps, 3 approvals, 1 HUGE LIMIT!

I applied for 3 cards this morning. Citi and BBVA went pending prior to approval.

The instant approval was Cap1. I was pre approved for Venture and decided to pull the trigger. Cap1 and I had a rebuilders relationship until now so I wasn't sure what to expect. I applied and got a... wait for it... $15k limit!!! I was hesitant as it was Cap1 but my highest limit prior to this was $8.6k from Chase. Super excited! Hoping for good news from Citi and BBVA this week.

**Update** Citi Premier was approved at $3,600! Anyone have a backdoor number and/or thoughts on a reallocation from my American Airlines or a CLI request for a more usable limit?

**UPDATE** BBVA approved my app overnight. I called in and spoke with a CSR who said she couldn't tell me anything. HUCA and got a better rep, not the friendliest or most knowledgeable but a little better. He gave my limit, $6k. Attempted to recon but was told they don't connect anyone to UW and that any recon/cli would be a HP. As much as I wish this was higher its still the second highest limit I have as far as they know. Chase is at $8.6k and both Discover and Citi AA are at $5.8k. At the end of the day I can't complain.

Total additional credit in one day is just shy of $25k.
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34
bizarrocreditworld
Valued Contributor

Re: 3 apps and 1 instant approval this morning! HUGE LIMIT!

Congratulations on the Venture. That's a great pick-up!

No credit news is good credit news!
Message 2 of 35
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats!

Message 3 of 35
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Thanks, I'd heard Cap1 was very generous with their higher tier cards. I was looking for a VS or MC with general travel rewards for non Amex places. Venture seemed like a steal and easy use card. I'm glad I pulled the trigger!

I'm expecting good news from BBVA as it seems like there aren't denials from pre approved mailers. Citi I'm unsure with.
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
Message 4 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow! Great approval. 

What sort of scores did you have for Cap1 to be so generous? Caught 750 yet? Any other DPs to share?

Looking forward to hearing about the other two approvals.

Message 5 of 35
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Scores in sig are accurate for Cap1 except EQ which was actually about 695. 0/6 for new accts but lol/24. Income just shy of 6 digits. Some old baddies. Any other DPs just ask. I have some spring cleaning coming up on current accts but held off for these apps.
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
Message 6 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Caught750 wrote:
Scores in sig are accurate for Cap1 except EQ which was actually about 695. 0/6 for new accts but lol/24. Income just shy of 6 digits. Some old baddies. Any other DPs just ask. I have some spring cleaning coming up on current accts but held off for these apps.

Then that is an especially sweet Cap1 approval of 15K with lol/24 and 670-690 Fico scores. Not that those are terrible, by any stretch -- just not pristine. Good income played a part, no doubt. 

Thank you for the additional info. 

Message 7 of 35
Caught750
Valued Contributor

I have an old major derog on each CRA holding my scores down. They just happen to be over 6 years old. Income definitely helped. I'm not sure why the computer liked me so much though. I never use my QS.
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
Message 8 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Caught750 wrote:
I have an old major derog on each CRA holding my scores down. They just happen to be over 6 years old. Income definitely helped. I'm not sure why the computer liked me so much though. I never use my QS.

I'm in a similar boat. Come 1/ 2020 medical derog falls off EQ & EX, maybe a bit sooner with EE. Looking forward to that score boost (Chasing 800 here). Meanwhile I have 2 QS with low limits I barely use and thinking of apping the Savor once I CLI those two come Mid-February and then combining into one (hopefully) good sized card. 

Message 9 of 35
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Best of luck! You'll crush 800 soon enough!
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
Message 10 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.